Quartz UI Theme
DarkSir23 (Kendelar Darkharmony - Rathe)
originally by Statix Cinderblade - Xegony (1.6 and earlier)
If you already have quartz installed or this is your first install you will need to delete your
old Quartz directory and make a new one (this ensures that old quartz files do not corrupt the
installation), then do the steps as follows.
Make a directory named Quartz in your uifiles directory and copy the contents of this zip into
the quartz directory (make sure the path is uifiles/quartz , not uifiles/quartz/quartz).
In the quartz directory is a program called "UI INI Manager.exe". Running it from the Quartz
directory will show you a list of the characters that have been logged on previously, and show
you the UI that they are currently configured for. Hilighting a character and clicking
"Apply UI Template" will configure that character for the Quartz UI.
NOTE: Please try to already be in 1024x768, 1200x1024 or 1600x1200 mode before you replace your
It is common to have to Resize the chat windows, Move the Named buff box, or move the mp3 player.
They are intended to be in the wrong posistions so nothing gets lost or is too big for the
screen, just Unlock the box by rightclicking on the border or on the box itself then move it to
your desired position.
1.9.1 (And Newer) Note: If a section of the UI appears missing (near the bottom right corner),
you will need to assign a key to Hotbar 2 (I use Ctrl-H) through Options -> Keyboard -> UI, then
activate Hotbar 2 and move it into place.
By default, Quartz comes configured as following:
Buffs: With Buff Names
MP3 Player: Installed (if you want to get rid of the mp3player, delete the
EQUI_MusicPlayerWnd.xml file from the quartz directory)
To change features, look in the "mods" directory. Here you will find the following folders:
DashBoard-Inventory : Contains an Inventory Screen that will superimpose over
the HotButtons window. You'll need to set the Alpha
and Faded for the Inventory Window to 100 for this to
BuffWindow-WithNames : This folder has the vertical Buff Box with named
Buffs listed. (d)
BuffWindow-WithoutNames : This folder has the horizontal Buff Box with icons only.
GroupWindow-Short : Use this If you are a caster class (with a spell bar), or a
melee class with a Combat Abilities Window. (d)
GroupWindow-Wide : Use this if you do not use spells or a combat abilities window.
SDBuffWindow-WithNames : A new textured Songs window for Quartz (d)
Hotkeys-Single : Older Quartz Style - One Page of Hotkeys, no support for
the new ones added in Depths of Darkhollow.
Hotkeys-Multiple : Two pages of Hotkeys available by default, one above the
other. Pages 3 and 4 are like the default UI. Make
sure you assign a key to open HotKey Window #2, then
move it to its expected location. (d)
QuartzMusicPlayer-1280x1024 : This is an optional mod for the everquest mp3player for
the 1280x1024 resolution, meant to go above or below the
main chat window. (d)
QuartzMusicPlayer-1600x1200 : Same as above but for the 1600x1200 resolution.
ActionsWindow-Normal : Actions Window with 6 "Clickables". See below for details (d)
ActionsWindow-16QuickClicks : Same as above, but with 16 "Clickable" boxes.
* There is no mp3player mod for 1024x768, it simply won't fit. BUT if you want to use the
* mp3player mod somewhere else on the screen (like at the top) you can still use either
* of the two mp3player mods.
To use these new xml files you need to goto the desired folder and copy the .xml file within to
the uifiles/quartz folder replacing the file that was already there. (Windows will prompt you to
replace the file if its already there, just hit yes.)
To change the background pack, look in the "Background Packs" directory. Here you will find the
Quartz Classic : This is the default. Originally designed by Statix.
DS Blue : This is an alternate background pack, by DarkSir23. (Unique to Quartz 1.7.1
DS Red : Another alternate background pack, by DarkSir23. (Compatible with Quartz 1.9
To use these new backgrounds, simple copy the contents of the directory (A bunch of .tga files)
to the uifiles/quartz directory. You will be prompted to replace the existing file. Hit yes.
Clickable Items: At the upper right of the dashbar, are 6 clickable inventory slots. By
default, these are preconfigured with the Leg, Feet, Left Finger, Left Wrist, Right Finger,
Right Wrist slots. You can customize these by opening the EQUI_ActionsWindow.xml file. Search
the file for Clicky1, Clicky2, etc. I've commented what you need to change to modify the
item that is shown. See Appendix A at the bottom of this document for a list of available
BEFORE YOU EMAIL ME please make sure your question is not already answered at
Hope you enjoy the theme
* Removed reliance on default_old directory.
* Added Installer application.
* Finished Prophecy of Ro compatibility (Aura Window and Blocked Buff Windows)
* Cleaned up the template for installing. Most of UI should be autoconfigured by
* Fixed missing file problem in 1.9.1 archive.
* Added seaxouri's 16 Quick Clicks mod.
* Fix for 2/21/06 EQ Patch (Prophecy of Ro expansion).
* Added expanded Bank Windows.
* Added multiple Hotkeys (finally).
* Minor updates to the background files.
* Fix for 5/11/05 EQ Patch.
* New DS Red Background Pack Added.
* Added Mail Icon.
* New Pet Window (Buff Window Style) added.
* Old mods for Actions Window removed (pet buffs).
* 6 configurable clicky slots added at upper-right of dashboar.
* Minor updates to the background files.
* Added even more Buff Slots and Bard Song Slots.
* Fixed UI Errors on load.
* Added Crystals to Inventory Mod.
* Fixed Item Graphic problems.
* Added OOW Additional Buff Slots.
* Added OOW Additional Spell Gem.
* Added an optional place for a list of pet buffs. New ActionsWindow is avaialable.
* Removed Quartz2Blue background packs, as I couldn't update them to match the new
OOW Buff Window.
* Integrated Dorkenthor's TargetOfTarget mod into the Target Window.
* Added optional Inventory Window.
* Combat Abilities Window Added. Takes the same position as the Spell Gems for casters.
* Changed the optional non-caster group window to GroupWindow-Wide, for people without Spell
or Combat Ability Windows.
* Integrated the Quartz Blue background pack by Tadayasha.
* Integrated an all new DS Blue background pack by DarkSir23.
* Rewrote a lot of the instructions.
* Added Group Leadership AA Bar to Player Window.
* Added Mana and Endurance pool/max numbers to Player Window.
* Changed Sta label to End label.
* Modified Flashing Attack Indicator for Player Window.
* Added Target indicator box w/ con color around the target portion of the target window.
* Added LFG Button to Group Window.
* Added a third chat window to the default config.
* Minor tweaks to make the UI compliant with the current requirements (Got rid of the "Your XML files are incompatible" error every time you zone).
* After the Jan 9 2003 patch the selectorwindow and pet window had to be tweaked slightly to comply with something verant changed (this was causing the 'your everquest files to not match' garbage to come up every time you zoned.
* Made changing mods easier, and removed the config.bat that doesn't work on XP.
* Added in a Quartz mp3 player mod
* Quartz 1.6 comes with the patch released after version 1.5 so it is completely up to date.
* Gave the Short Duration (songs) buff box a texture.
* Fixed the Stablity (Likelyness for verant patches to NOT break UI) by a large amount by reconfiguring how Quartz gets its graphics/templates, the only way it should break is if verant adds in a new 'required' window like RaidWindow.xml, which is a quick fix.
* Quartz should now easily work with other mods (such as the spellbook graphics mod
* Fixed the Non-Caster spell casting bar thing that made me thing those emails were from crazy people.
* Improved the GUI memory useage: This should cause Quartz to lag alot less on those systems with poor videocards that don't adapt to alphatransparency all that well
For more information on how these changes will affect other mod's and/or how Quartz gets its attributes (all UI makers should follow this design) please goto http://skins.machin-shin.net
* Fixed Crashing due to Oct 16th 2002 patch due to verants massively useless and unoperational patch for loadskin
* Fixed Crashing due to Aug 14th 2002 patch due to verants modded animations file.
* Fixed Sta label
* Fixed class/diety alignment so they don't get clipped
* Tracking window should be visible in a default 1024x768 install now
* Added in a new buff box option 'Version with names shown in the screenshot'
* Added a new Config.bat file for changing between caster/noncaster and configuring buff box.
* /bazaar crashing bug has been fixed
* Noncaster groupwindow now has a casting bar
* The actions window is Moveable but has a light border around it (i had this removed at one point, i don't know why its back)
* The bazaarsearch window has been removed (it was made to make the bazaar window bigger and has nothing to do with the crashing but its invalid since you can resize the bazaar window with the new patch)
* Fixed Pet window overlapping the actions window causing it to not function.(Thanks Geo)
* Added in default coordinates for 1024x768, 1280x1024, and 1600x1200.
* Player window resized properly so that the blinking red outline didn't merge into a chat window
* Used the correct bazaar xml file
* Player window stat labels (str,sta,etc) were repositioned so they wouldn't be clipped off in game.(Thanks Geo)
* Fixed the 1x1 buff positioning problem in 1280x1024
* Initial Release
Appendix A - Clickable Inventory EQTypes
(Thanks to the people at EQInterface for the EQTypes list)
0 = Charm
1 = Left Ear
2 = Head
3 = Face
4 = Right Ear
5 = Neck
6 = Shoulder
7 = Arms
8 = Back
9 = Left Wrist
10 = Right Wrist
11 = Range
12 = Hands
13 = Primary Slot
14 = Secondary Slot
15 = Left Finger
16 = Right Finger
17 = Chest
18 = Legs
19 = Feet
20 = Belt
21 = Ammo
22 = First Inventory Slot (Top Left in Default UI)
23 = Second Inventory Slot (Top Middle Left in Default UI)
24 = Third Inventory Slot (Bottom Middle Left in Default UI)
25 = Fourth Inventory Slot (Bottom Left in Default UI)
26 = Fifth Inventory Slot (Top Right in Default UI)
27 = Sixth Inventory Slot (Top Middle Right in Default UI)
28 = Seventh Inventory Slot (Bottom Middle Right in Default UI)
29 = Eigth Inventory Slot (Bottom Right in Default UI)