EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Old Default (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17702)

Haliken 02-22-2006 06:21 PM

Old Default

Download it here!

Preface:
This UI is intended to skin the new default UI to look like the old default UI
using as few files as possible. If everyone who prefers the old default would
use this UI instead, fewer UIs would break on patch day.

Purpose:
This UI is intended to be a starting point for UI customization. Extract the
files into a custom UI folder, then apply old UI modifications into the folder
as you normally would.

Explanation:
The included EQUI_Animations.xml file is the key to the functionality of this UI. It redefines all graphical bits as they were in the old default UI so that the new default templates can be used without modification.

This is good because this one file is all you actually need to make almost any old UI mods compatible with the new UI.

The downside to this is that any old UI mod that modifies EQUI_Animations.xml cannot be used in conjunction with this UI.

Implementation:
Extract the contents of the zip file into a new, empty custom UI folder as you would any new UI (EQInterface.com's Installation FAQ).

Now you should be able to put any old UI modifications into the same (new) custom UI folder that you just created for this UI, as long as they don't overwrite EQUI_Animations.xml.

Please leave any questions or comments in this thread.

Enokhaon Starfyre
Sigils Guild
The Nameless Server

bdraft 03-05-2006 05:54 PM

This skin

This skin....
I like this skin so far. I have nto used it extencivly yet, but from what I have seen form about 20 minutes of running in PoK and a couple of other zones, I like it, I am going to start using it on all of my characters I believe.

I would like to see percentages added to it on all bars like the percentage was overlayed on the self window (the little square window that shows hp/mana/endu) for the HP....

Then again I wanted it on the SoE version too. I had a skinthat put percentage on all 3 of the bars inthe self window and on the xp and aa bars in the inventory window (that was all it did though) and it was the same size and font as the orignal.

Thank you for the skin, looks good;
Winster
(70 highelf cleric, Rathe)

Puebo 03-15-2006 06:46 PM

mouse pointer

Howdy,

I downloaded this UI..it works great...however...i can't seem to change my mouse pointer...i follow the instructions to the letter. I added the texture info and i replaced the A_defaultcursor part of the EQUI animation xml. What am i doing wrong?

Puebo
Povar server

Mortas 07-18-2006 11:08 PM

Any chance for an update?

Haliken 07-19-2006 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortas
Any chance for an update?

Did a UI file get patched that I didn't notice? This should still be fully functional.

Enok

Minalcar 07-19-2006 11:17 AM

It is still functional here.

Minalcar -- Luclin(Veeshan)

Haliken 08-10-2006 02:16 PM

I'll update this UI for The Serpent's Spine once the UI changes are finalized and the beta NDA is lifted.

Enok

rolean 09-20-2006 01:33 AM

Getting this:

[Wed Sep 20 00:08:42 2006] XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CharacterSelect[712] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Wed Sep 20 00:08:42 2006] Error validating symbol table.
[Wed Sep 20 00:08:42 2006] Error loading skin: loading default skin instead.

Can't work around it, never seen it before. Seems like a problem with the equi_animations.xml

Acker the Wizzy 09-20-2006 01:38 AM

I love this one. Has it been updated for tss yet?

Haliken 09-20-2006 02:57 AM

I updated it at noon, before the servers came up. I didn't test it except on beta server, but it should work. Can anyone respond as to whether the new version is working?

Enok

Acker the Wizzy 09-20-2006 12:52 PM

I downloaded it again from old link. When i tried it, it set me to default.

Acker

Haliken 09-20-2006 02:14 PM

You might have something set up wrong on your end; try a fresh custom UI folder just to test as I got it working from the download just fine.

Enok

sandro 09-20-2006 03:10 PM

seems tss aa's arent in the aa window, and the skills are shown incorrectly

Haliken 09-20-2006 03:29 PM

That means your UI folder is wrong, as I don't include a modified skills window or AA window. Try a clean install and go from there.

Enok

Wisemantobes 09-20-2006 07:00 PM

Haliken is my hero, toss in a folder didn't have to do anything but "keep layout" bam everything needed all working looked the same