EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Request (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Chat window (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21253)

Stice 11-17-2012 05:32 PM

Chat window

I like to mess a bit with chat windows and as we all know not every UI is for everyone. I don't do a lot but do understand the basics of UI's.

my question is can someone make or has someone made a chat window like AngUI that is just the reg looking chat window with Inner border that can be just added to a UI rahter then use the whole UI. I love the tiny titlebar so you can move it just don't like the borders really and can't figure out how to just pick that piece out to add to my UI.. i use for the most part WDT_Inner on my UI.

Sorry if this has been asked before, i just couldn't find it. if it is out there can someone please point me to it.

Thanks,
Stice

warriorofmight 11-17-2012 06:37 PM

I'm going to guess you need to copy EQUI_ChatWindow and EQUI_Templates in order for it to work correctly. My UI is the same way.

Stice 11-17-2012 09:11 PM

Thank you for the response. I like your UI a lot, I must have over looked it.. really like your scroll gutters too.
i loaded yours and it just looks a bit off with my UI I tweeked it a little also for the chat input area, I'm just not fond of the rounded corners.. Like I said most of my UI is WDT_Inner. How do you target diff boarders on the EQUI_Templates? and is it even possible to do it with Inner?

here is a pic of my UI to show it just looks a little off with yours I tweeked.

thanks for any help
Stice

warriorofmight 11-18-2012 11:10 AM

I'm going to make an assumption (I know that's a dangerous thing) and take a guess on how to do this.

If you open your templates file, search for RoundedNoTitle

Replace this section of code
Code:
<Border> <TopLeft>A_RoundedFrameTopLeft</TopLeft> <Top>A_RoundedFrameTop</Top> <TopRight>A_RoundedFrameTopRight</TopRight> <RightTop>A_RoundedFrameRightTop</RightTop> <Right>A_RoundedFrameRight</Right> <RightBottom>A_RoundedFrameRightBottom</RightBottom> <BottomRight>A_RoundedFrameBottomRight</BottomRight> <Bottom>A_RoundedFrameBottom</Bottom> <BottomLeft>A_RoundedFrameBottomLeft</BottomLeft> <LeftTop>A_RoundedFrameLeftTop</LeftTop> <Left>A_RoundedFrameLeft</Left> <LeftBottom>A_RoundedFrameLeftBottom</LeftBottom> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Border> <Titlebar> <Right>A_Filigree3TitleRight</Right> <Left>A_Filigree3TitleLeft</Left> <Middle>A_Filigree3TitleMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Titlebar>

With this

Code:
<Border> <TopLeft>A_InnerFrameTopLeft</TopLeft> <Top>A_InnerFrameTop</Top> <TopRight>A_InnerFrameTopRight</TopRight> <RightTop>A_InnerFrameRight</RightTop> <Right>A_InnerFrameRight</Right> <RightBottom>A_InnerFrameRight</RightBottom> <BottomRight>A_InnerFrameBottomRight</BottomRight> <Bottom>A_InnerFrameBottom</Bottom> <BottomLeft>A_InnerFrameBottomLeft</BottomLeft> <LeftTop>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftTop> <Left>A_InnerFrameLeft</Left> <LeftBottom>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftBottom> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Border> <Titlebar> <Right>A_WindowTitleRight</Right> <Left>A_ChatWindowTitleLeft</Left> <Middle>A_WindowTitleMiddle</Middle> <OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft> <OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop> <OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight> <OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom> </Titlebar>

Let me know if that works.

Stice 11-18-2012 03:33 PM

well it worked and looks awesome thank you so much but the titlebar had to stay the way yours is and not the way you said it might work. so what I used is ..

<Border>
<TopLeft>A_InnerFrameTopLeft</TopLeft>
<Top>A_InnerFrameTop</Top>
<TopRight>A_InnerFrameTopRight</TopRight>
<RightTop>A_InnerFrameRight</RightTop>
<Right>A_InnerFrameRight</Right>
<RightBottom>A_InnerFrameRight</RightBottom>
<BottomRight>A_InnerFrameBottomRight</BottomRight>
<Bottom>A_InnerFrameBottom</Bottom>
<BottomLeft>A_InnerFrameBottomLeft</BottomLeft>
<LeftTop>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftTop>
<Left>A_InnerFrameLeft</Left>
<LeftBottom>A_InnerFrameLeft</LeftBottom>
<OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft>
<OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop>
<OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight>
<OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom>
</Border>
<Titlebar>
<Right>A_Filigree3TitleRight</Right>
<Left>A_Filigree3TitleLeft</Left>
<Middle>A_Filigree3TitleMiddle</Middle>
<OverlapLeft>0</OverlapLeft>
<OverlapTop>0</OverlapTop>
<OverlapRight>0</OverlapRight>
<OverlapBottom>0</OverlapBottom>
</Titlebar>

now to try to figure out the buff and short buff boxes to be the same to move and size the also.
thanks you sooooooo much!!
Stice

Stice 11-18-2012 05:58 PM

well the buff and short duration buff windows were easy.. just changed them to RoundedNoTitle and they have the small titlebar you made on them too, thank you so much now all my windows can be dragged.

warriorofmight 11-18-2012 08:22 PM

No problem :)