EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   SidlWidl & SIDL Fiddle help. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   new to sidlwidl quick question (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18360)

Aendien 09-24-2006 05:35 PM

new to sidlwidl quick question

my question is when making a window say im converting ym player window into my potion belt do i need to add <pieces>Player_xxxxxx</pieces> into the potion belts code?

Another question once you save the file where does it go ? i finished a window ( lol i think ) but i cant find the file so i can see if it works in game
( first time using sidlwidl ) :p

shadriel 09-26-2006 08:22 AM

every object you add to your potion belt window is considered a "piece" and will need to be added to the pieces list. so if you are adding the player hp bar gauge, you would need to add a line to the pieces list for it. make sure the names are exactly identical... i'll give you an example, this is the hp gauge "piece" from the default player window:

<Gauge item="Player_HP">
<ScreenID>PlayerHP</ScreenID>
<!--<Font>3</Font>-->
<TextColor>
<R>240</R>
<G>240</G>
<B>240</B>
</TextColor>
<RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition>
<Location>
<X>4</X>
<Y>3</Y>
</Location>
<Size>
<CX>108</CX>
<CY>41</CY>
</Size>
<TextOffsetX>8</TextOffsetX>
<GaugeOffsetY>31</GaugeOffsetY>
<Style_VScroll>false</Style_VScroll>
<Style_HScroll>false</Style_HScroll>
<Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent>
<!--<TooltipReference/>-->
<FillTint>
<R>240</R>
<G>0</G>
<B>0</B>
</FillTint>
<LinesFillTint>
<R>220</R>
<G>220</G>
<B>0</B>
</LinesFillTint>
<DrawLinesFill>false</DrawLinesFill>
<EQType>1</EQType>
<GaugeDrawTemplate>
<Background>A_GaugeBackground</Background>
<Fill>A_GaugeFill</Fill>
<Lines>A_GaugeLines</Lines>
<LinesFill>A_GaugeLinesFill</LinesFill>
<EndCapLeft>A_GaugeEndCapLeft</EndCapLeft>
<EndCapRight>A_GaugeEndCapRight</EndCapRight>
</GaugeDrawTemplate>
</Gauge>

if you are going to add this to the potion belt, i would recommend changing its name and screen ID to something like this:

<Gauge item="PB_Player_HP">
<ScreenID>PB_PlayerHP</ScreenID>

sometimes the UI gets confused if more than one xml has a piece with the same names in them, and will error into loading the default UI. why i don't know /shrug

then at the bottom, where the pieces list is in your potion belt xml, you would add a line that says this:

<Pieces>PB_Player_HP</Pieces>

the pieces line needs to have the exact same name as you gave the gauge in the potion belt window.

hope that helps you out =)

Egras 09-27-2006 07:42 AM

Just drag the object down from playerwindow to potionbelt while holding the control button on the left windows explorer looking window. It will make a copy of the object. Be advised you cant move objects that have no EQType from window to window. You might run into issues with the Out of Combat icon looking thing. Cant move it.

Aendien 09-27-2006 10:56 AM

Thank you =)