EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General authoring help / discussion (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How to access current video mode/screen resolution? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21397)

Roochie 10-25-2013 08:28 PM

How to access current video mode/screen resolution?

hi, im new here. I've been messing around with some ui and its been relatively easy (i've done a little xml before) however i need to learn how to access the current screen resolution or video mode, and how to check weather or not its in fullscreen. Also this may be a dumb question, but can you do simple math operations in xml? i cant remember. like if i was defining an int could i set it to 2*3?

My other question was simply how to change the font size of a button. or any font in the ui really.

EDIT: i just realized this probably isnt very clear. sorry im tired. basically, the reason i want to access the screen resolution and stuff is cause i want to attempt to set a window's size to a percentage of the screen resolution. thus, if you changed to a larger video mode, the window would change as well

firescue17 10-26-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roochie
the reason i want to access the screen resolution and stuff is cause i want to attempt to set a window's size to a percentage of the screen resolution.
EQ does not support this.

Quote:
My other question was simply how to change the font size of a button. or any font in the ui really.
<Font>#</Font>

Accepted values are 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 with 1 being the smallest.

Turlo 10-26-2013 05:28 AM

The solution to your problem is to make different INI settings for each of the resolutions. You can't do a straight equation, but if you go through the common resolutions, you can have settings for each one in the iNI

Roochie 10-26-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firescue17
EQ does not support this.

<Font>#</Font>

Accepted values are 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 with 1 being the smallest.

ah, i see. thanks for the tip! Although i do have another question about fonts, can you use more than 1 font on the same ui? and if so, how do you switch between them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turlo
The solution to your problem is to make different INI settings for each of the resolutions. You can't do a straight equation, but if you go through the common resolutions, you can have settings for each one in the iNI

Awesome! exactly what i needed to know as far as the resolution goes. thanks :)

firescue17 10-26-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:
ah, i see. thanks for the tip! Although i do have another question about fonts, can you use more than 1 font on the same ui? and if so, how do you switch between them?

Awesome! exactly what i needed to know as far as the resolution goes. thanks :)

The default font is size 3 color black. It has to be declared on every, single element which you want to appear different.

Roochie 10-26-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firescue17
The default font is size 3 color black. It has to be declared on every, single element which you want to appear different.

actually what i meant was how change the actual font style. like aerial, times new romans, etc. is there a way to do this per window/button? or can you only have 1 font for the whole game?

firescue17 10-27-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:
actually what i meant was how change the actual font style. like aerial, times new romans, etc. is there a way to do this per window/button? or can you only have 1 font for the whole game?

This is not supported either.

valaury3169 10-28-2013 07:51 AM

You can change the font in game, but it affects everything. You cannot define a font in the UI.