EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help ! ? ! ? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   SparxxUI problem (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21441)

JKVZEN 05-01-2014 08:10 AM

SparxxUI problem

Hi
Sorry for my english i'll try to be clear ;)
I love your Ui and want it absolutly ! but great problem:

I had try many UIs so i think i can install SparxxUi.
I made :
create a new SparxxUI folder in my folder UI (any space)
unzipped all in this new folder
log the game and wrote /loadui : but in the windows i didn't see SpaxxUI

I delete, try other names (whit new unzip and new download) but nothing

If you got an idea i will be very very happy, i repeat i had success with other UIs
i saw them in the windows /loadui, before asking here i did made many different trys.

Thx to take care for me you have done a very good UI

Sparxx 05-01-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKVZEN
Hi
Sorry for my english i'll try to be clear ;)
I love your Ui and want it absolutly ! but great problem:

I had try many UIs so i think i can install SparxxUi.
I made :
create a new SparxxUI folder in my folder UI (any space)
unzipped all in this new folder
log the game and wrote /loadui : but in the windows i didn't see SpaxxUI

I delete, try other names (whit new unzip and new download) but nothing

If you got an idea i will be very very happy, i repeat i had success with other UIs
i saw them in the windows /loadui, before asking here i did made many different trys.

Thx to take care for me you have done a very good UI

How to Install (mostly borrowed from: http://www.mysstie.com/equi/mysstie_ui.shtml)

Go to the uifiles directory in your Everquest folder, typically by clicking on "My Computer", "Local Disk C:", "Program Files", "Everquest"

Within the uifiles folder, you should see at least a default folder. We need to create a new folder within uifiles to contain the customized UI files. Either Right-Click and select New -> Folder or click on File -> New -> Folder via the menu and then name the new folder something short like "SparxxUI". The complete path would be something like C:\Program Files\Everquest\uifiles\SparxxUI. (Do not use spaces in the folder name)

Download the SparxxUI file and un-zip them to the new folder you just created.

If you named the new folder "SparxxUI" use /loadskin SparxxUI to load the new interface (or just do a /loadskin and choose it).

You can also just open the Options Window and use the Load Skin feature within it to load SparxxUI or whatever you called it. :)

(Note: /loadui is for Everquest II)

JKVZEN 05-01-2014 11:11 AM

Thx for your quick answer, but my big problem is : I did all those things before I ask you :( (and 5 or 6 times )

and /loadskin is unknown IG (i have to write /loadui) not important or if you can do that command i think i got another bug

I tried on Test and on Storm ...

Don't worry I will try to solve that , you have better to do than answer to me on this problem and so : felicitations your UI seemed very attractive and beautiful
Thanks

Jingo 05-02-2014 09:03 AM

Possible short term fix

Try deleting the following recently changed files from within the Sparxx folder:

EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml
EQUI_TradeskillWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml

Then re-load the Sparxx UI from within EQ.

My UI kept loading 'default' instead of Sparxx until these files were deleted. Seems to be an incompatibility..

Sparxx 05-02-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingo
Try deleting the following recently changed files from within the Sparxx folder:

EQUI_MarketplaceWnd.xml
EQUI_TradeskillWnd.xml
EQUI_OptionsWindow.xml
EQUI_MercenaryManageWnd.xml

Then re-load the Sparxx UI from within EQ.

My UI kept loading 'default' instead of Sparxx until these files were deleted. Seems to be an incompatibility..

If you are running a mix and match compilation you will run into compatibility issues. "Out of the box" SparxxUI 16.4 loads without error (ie: without other authors interface pieces mixed in). This has been confirmed by multiple users. :)