EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Drakah - Integrated Krome UI (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21902)

Drakah 09-27-2015 10:57 PM

Drakah - Integrated Krome UI

2 Attachment(s)

I finally decided to launch the official version of a new UI to the Integrated Series, called KROME. It was originally created back in the day when I was trying to come up with a new, cleaner UI, to set as the Default, for Sony. It has been shelved for a very long time and figured I would clean it up and launch it as an integrated interface. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I am! It has been tested and EQ players approved :)

christy4444 10-04-2015 11:36 AM

I can only bring critique based on personal pref...

i miss the ALT-W window which was replaced with the mail icon

trouble clicking on party members... i miss and target their pet.
would like to see a blue circle to the right, large enough to click on but not too large to get in the way, sort of like the square to the left of the party members health area, something to click on and not make a mistake.

I really like how it can be to adjusted to go from live server (12 spells) to TLP with only 8.. everything is perfect minus the 2 above mentiond things..

Again, only based on my personal pref..

You already know that this is by far the best UI ever released for eq..

And i for one am very glad you released it.

Drakah 10-04-2015 04:03 PM

Thank you very much, I appreciate the kind words :)

The "EQ Mail" button mod can be removed simply by deleting the EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml file out of the folder. This will return the Window Selector that you are referring to.

The HP/Pet Bars/SQ Gem, is the same in all of the Integrated Series.
- Click on the Square, the Name of the player, or the Red HP bar to target the person.
- Click on the green bar to target the pet of the person, or hit the appropriate F-key 2x.

I haven't really had any issues targeting by clicking as a Beastlord or Cleric, think it may be mouse related?

Again thank you and hope my suggestions make it easier for you. :)

christy4444 10-04-2015 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakah
Thank you very much, I appreciate the kind words :)

The "EQ Mail" button mod can be removed simply by deleting the EQUI_SelectorWnd.xml file out of the folder. This will return the Window Selector that you are referring to.

The HP/Pet Bars/SQ Gem, is the same in all of the Integrated Series.
- Click on the Square, the Name of the player, or the Red HP bar to target the person.
- Click on the green bar to target the pet of the person, or hit the appropriate F-key 2x.

I haven't really had any issues targeting by clicking as a Beastlord or Cleric, think it may be mouse related?

Again thank you and hope my suggestions make it easier for you. :)

Thanks for the how to on the ALT-W window

I just found the health/mana/pet all-in-one bar a little too thin to work with mouse clicking on the fly, sure if i were to go slower and pay closer attention to it, i can do it, but when im doing it, it's generally a fast paced situation.

Drakah 10-04-2015 07:20 PM

Ya I hear ya... I never really heal pets so I dont usually come across that heh

zensaber 10-13-2015 02:39 AM

I mostly have creeped on these forums for years as I've come and gone from Everquest. Just recently resubbed for the TLP servers and I came here to see what interfaces were still being updated and not only have I found all of your interfaces updated, but a new one?!?! Drakah you have been doing this for longer than I can remember, you deserve praise beyond words man. You're more dedicated than most devs on the actual game haha. I want to simply say "Great Job!" but you have done so well that wouldn't cover base. Anyways keep up the great work man, I'm going to be using this new Interface for a while I'm sure.

Drakah 10-13-2015 11:17 PM

Thanks man, I really appreciate that :) I hope you enjoy the UI :)

christy4444 10-17-2015 06:19 AM

Yes, always has done the best work, thank you very much!

Tums 10-20-2015 03:53 PM

I'm in love with this UI, breathed new life into the game for me! Thank you so much!

Xika 10-27-2015 10:19 AM

Love the ui. It's clean and refreshing. I do have a problem that I don't know if you or anyone else can help me with. I 3 box on 3 different pcs. I use your ui on 2 of the pcs but can't on what I call my main pc. I use a KM software called Mouse without Borders and when I use the scroll wheel on my mouse the other pc's if I'm using certain ui's it will make my camera scroll on the main pc. It doesn't do it with all ui's though. It does it on yours and yours is the one I really want to use.

Thanks for any help I could get and again awesome ui.

Drakah 10-27-2015 10:42 AM

There is no UI that could change how your computer reacts to the functionality of your scroll wheel or program. The UI only changes the "look" of the UI along with in-game functionality (ie: adding a hotbar, etc.).

It sounds like your issue is more of a "settings" issue, whether in Windows or in EverQuest (keybinds, etc.).

Xika 10-28-2015 09:53 AM

I wouldn't think so either but it only does it when I use most custom Ui's. It doesn't do it on default or on Zliz's UI. So I'm not sure why it does it.

Drakah 10-28-2015 10:17 AM

I would be curious to know what the issue is when you figure it out, sounds really weird.

shaqer 01-10-2017 05:19 PM

Am I missing something?

Hello! I haven't played EQ since 2000. So, I thought I'd check it out again and I like the way your Krome UI looks in the pictures. I've extracted the folder "drakah_intg_krome" into the uifiles directory with all its files inside like:
o Everquest
o o uifiles
o o o {Interface Folder Name}
o o o o Bunch of .tga files and some others

My screen resolution is 1920x1080 and I had to manually update the eqclient.ini file with that resolution for the generic game to show up correctly. I changed:
[VideoMode]
Width=1920
Height=1080
Is there something else I'm missing here?

Anyways, the last step is to actually switch the UI (from what I'm reading) by typing /loadskin and choosing the skin you want. When I select yours, all of the windows are bunched up in the upper left corner of the screen. None of the borders are changed, nor formatting. Is there another reason the skin isn't loading correctly?

This is a brand new install of EQ as well as the first time using your skin.

Thanks for any assistance!

Drakah 01-10-2017 05:42 PM

There is an INI file called "UI_Drakah_servername.ini" in the folder that you can use and rename to your toon, and copy/paste that into your Root folder.

It looks for the UI folder called "drakah_intg_krome".
If you named the folder something else, you will need to change it.

Use that first, then load EQ and go from there.

NOTES:
- Your resolution may not be listed in the UI INI file and you may have to adjust the windows by hand.
- Be sure to remember to unlock/lock the windows.
- Some windows have a transparent background/border, so you will need to find the hotspot to move the window once unlocked in game.
- The UI folder name must be the same name as it is listed at the top of this Readme file in order for the UI INI file to work correctly.