EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help ! ? ! ? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New annoying problem (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6358)

Fourfists 02-06-2003 01:11 PM

New annoying problem

Since this new patch (feb 6) some of my UI windows are out of place when I log on. I move them back to the proper spaces they should be in but when I log out and log back in they're out of place again. It refuses to save the window locations where I want them now. I updated the 2 files that downloaded today and I use a Vert mod (forget which version)

Anyone else getting this or know why it's doing this? I'm pulling the hair out of my head!

Talyns 02-06-2003 01:17 PM

Check the properties of your UI_ToonName_##.ini file.. Make sure it's not read only..

For ex.. Mine is UI_Hawkren_91.ini..

I would open my everquest folder look for that file and right click it.. Then click properties.. Where it says attributes: make sure read-only is not checked..

That's all I can think of to cause this..

EDIT: Never know though could be a new bug :(

Mongoose 02-06-2003 01:20 PM

same Problem

Same Problem here.
When i zone, some Pieces (Buff/Hotbuttons/Guildchat - all aranged on the left side) move towards outside the screen. I zoned 3 Times and lost half of the Windowsurfaces, its ridiculous.
I have no idea. I dont use complicated Mods, just a few simple Things (Vertical Hotbuttons for example).

Fourfists 02-06-2003 01:21 PM

Nope, isnt read only for the file. This problem just started after today's patch and was fine last night. Seems some other's are having similar problems too. A friend of mine keeps having one of his windows move out of place. :(

Wildaar 02-06-2003 01:23 PM

restting the windows position helps til you zone or camp then its pushed to the left. its like they fubard the resolutions

Talyns 02-06-2003 01:24 PM

I saw another post with a similar problem.. That was the reason for the edit.. Probably a new bug SOE are introducing us to.. Should /bug it or /feedback it..

Shadrak 02-06-2003 01:43 PM

Im having this proble to. any UI window on the left side of the screen. I toggled the Hotbutton and SpellCast Window off and On several times using the Windows Selector and watched those Window Hop off Screen... :(

kcbc 02-06-2003 01:45 PM

Yah same problem. When you zone or log in the windows move

Sayleth 02-06-2003 01:59 PM

Same problem. Its affecting my spell bar and hotkey bar. How do you get them back once they are migrated all the way off the screen?

Sayleth

Aideen 02-06-2003 02:14 PM

Same problem. Its affecting my spell bar and hotkey bar. How do you get them back once they are migrated all the way off the screen?

Reload the skin a few dozen times... it'll appear on the right side of the screen eventually

Shadrak 02-06-2003 02:20 PM

I figured something out about these moving windows..For testing I moved my Hotbuttons to the Right side of the screen and postioned it so it was partially off screen then toggled it off and on using the Windows Selector..it was moved back inside the border. the same thing happens when i place it touching or just outside the border to the top and Bottom..But m when I do it on the LEFT side and toggle it off and on it Moves to the left more each time i toggle it until its completely off screen.. the same thing happens to windows on the LEFT edge when I zone..

Winterwind 02-06-2003 02:22 PM

I haven't had this problem yet (I haven't tried zoning I'm still working on my UI) but I am having a problem when I crash with ui problems and log back in and get a "you have a character still current...." my graphic window on server selection gets cut in half and moved to one side.

Sorry for the run on sentence there.

Winterwind MorningLight
62nd Druid of Tunare

Humbert 02-06-2003 02:24 PM

Same problem here, it's just the bottom stat bar for me that moves left when i come back in the game.

Stop pulling your hair out ff!

Fraethir 02-06-2003 02:24 PM

I (was) using the Quartz 1.5(ish) mod. Whenever I zoned, some of the components would be pushed out of place (towards the middle of the screen). The components this seemed to affect MIGHT have been overlapping the edges of the interface (ex. one box had its bottom edge slightly below the bottom edge of the interface).

Worse, though. My buffwindow, which had been halfway up the left edge of the screen, crawled left after every zone, until it disappeared. Since I've been using a buffwindow with no title bar or other place to grab, I couldn't slide it back before it went away on me (and currently plan to reset the ui.ini file every so often to get it back in place, or just put title bar true on that window even if it's ugly).

Sabbina324 02-06-2003 02:33 PM

Apparently this is happening with even the default ui and Sony is aware of the problem according to the technical board on their site.