EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Graphics Tutorials & Info. (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Can I put the Combat State Animation into a Group Window? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18405)

nilepez 09-28-2006 03:26 PM

Can I put the Combat State Animation into a Group Window?

If this has been answered elsewhere, I apologize, but I'm trying to move the CombatStateAnim (ation) to my Group window. However, I can't seem to get it to show up.

Here's a sample of what I put into the group file:

Code:
<Ui2DAnimation item="GroupInCombat"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces06.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>200</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="GroupTimer"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Frames> <Texture>window_pieces06.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>200</X> <Y>80</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>40</CX> <CY>40</CY> </Size> <Hotspot> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Hotspot> <Duration>1000</Duration> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <!-- ADDITIONAL DEFS Omitted to save space --> <!-- Definition of Button that Animation appears on (I think) --> <Button item="Group_CombatStateAnim"> <ScreenID>PW_CombatStateAnim</ScreenID> <RelativePosition>true</RelativePosition> <Location> <X>150</X> <Y>29</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>26</CX> <CY>26</CY> </Size> <Style_Transparent>false</Style_Transparent> <Style_Checkbox>false</Style_Checkbox> <DecalOffset> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </DecalOffset> <DecalSize> <CX>26</CX> <CY>26</CY> </DecalSize> </Button> <!-- Add Animation Button to Group --> <Pieces>Group_CombatStateAnim</Pieces>

Aside from renaming the Button/Animations to Group_..... and changing the physical location, this is identical to what's in the player window.

Is this like the flashing red combat animation: it can only appear in the player window?

I appreciate any pointers. I've done a few searches, but haven't turned up much on this and AFAIK, nobody has moved this outside of the playerWindow.xml.

nilepez 09-30-2006 11:51 AM

Does anyone know if it's possible?

sokahar 09-30-2006 01:31 PM

You can put the timer anywhere, but the animation has to stay in Player.

Fyrecaster 09-30-2006 01:47 PM

I tried the same thing Nilepez with the eltaco group/player window, for about a week and had no avail, so I believe Sokahar maybe correct in saying that it can only be left in the player window. However I have recently started backards configuring the 2 windows of eltacos group and player window combo. My ultimate goal is to have the player window reflect this image,

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...iew.php?id=7101

with the rest timer and icon located somewhere either near the top, or down in the bottom. Still new to .XML so learning as I go (thank goodness I have my wifes and my machines on a home network where I can work from one to make changes and in the other switch the custom ui as I make the changes. Visual learning is helping alot.) If I get this completed before someone else uses the same file as a starting platform I will have it posted.

Will keep you updated as I go.

Arylun Fyrecaster of Brell / Cazic

nilepez 10-01-2006 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrecaster
My ultimate goal is to have the player window reflect this image,

http://www.eqinterface.com/download...iew.php?id=7101

with the rest timer and icon located somewhere either near the top, or down in the bottom. Still new to .XML so learning as I go (thank goodness I have my wifes and my machines on a home network where I can work from one to make changes and in the other switch the custom ui as I make the changes. Visual learning is helping alot.) If I get this completed before someone else uses the same file as a starting platform I will have it posted.

Will keep you updated as I go.

Arylun Fyrecaster of Brell / Cazic

LOL....that's pretty similar to the one I was working on. The only difference I see is that the colors of some of the text and the tribute. I think mine is based on the solesk mod, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, I did get the gauge moved, but not the icon.

I guess is the easiest thing to do is move the group/player mod into the playerwindow.xml, though I've kinda gotten used to having the player window up.

Anyway, thanks to both of you for the info. At least I know it wasn't something i could change....though for the life of me, I don't know why they'd hard code where it could be, given how flexible everything else is.

Nilepez.

Fyrecaster 10-02-2006 02:48 AM

Already tried that

Well no luck in trying to modify the player window to include all the info that was in the group window. Yet I still think that its possible, and am still working on it, but for now I am attaching a zipfile of my current configuration, with a jpeg of what it looks like. The zip file also contains a copy of the jpeg and the tga attack indicator I modified for the player window.

Player window on top (minimal sizing to only show the attack indicator, the timer w/ timer seperated from bar, and the status icon)

Targetwindow in center (target info on top w/ HoTT underneath)

Lastly is a minorly modified version of eltacos group window.

** generally I have the target window and player window switched so that the target window is on top and player icon window sits above my group window **

nilepez 10-02-2006 01:59 PM

looks like you forgot to include at least one tga file (targetgauge.tga).

I think it's doable. I can certainly get the targets HP/HP Gauge into the player window, and I know the rest of the stuff can go there..well I know evertyhing, except, perhaps, for group info, which I haven't experimented with.

I'll look at it more later on.

sunaeri 10-06-2006 10:37 PM

It is not possible because the animation is a button with no EQType.

Inokis 10-06-2006 10:48 PM

If you just want it to appear in the group window, create a screen item inside your player window. Add the animation as a piece to the screen item. Change the relative position to false and move the x,y cooridinates of the screen item til it is in a location over your group window. Now bear in mind, this is still tied to your player window, and it does not become part of the group window. This is just a cosmetic way of putting something where you want it.