EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General UI Talk (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Retired Returning & SparxxUI (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21873)

Sparxx 05-12-2015 12:39 PM

Retired Returning & SparxxUI

Greetings fellow Norrathians,

I would like to start out by publicly thanking Leigo, and Yraen (on EQInterface.com) for keeping SparxxUI current in my absence. In the next few days I will be disabling the Patch & Addon’s section, rolling in the changes (as well as a host of others), and updating SparxxUI to v18.

An even bigger thank you goes out to all of the users of SparxxUI. I sincerely enjoy hearing compliments, suggestions, and improvement requests from my users.

I retired (essentially rage quit) back on 10-12-14 during the TDS Beta due to the lack of content and copy-and-paste model for the last few expansions. I still find it disturbing that these were counted as full-price expansions since they are a fraction of the size of a “real” expansion with an overwhelming amount of instances of the same few zones. While I acknowledge that companies need to make their money, this is just lazy, un-creative, and an affront to long time subscribers. While not speaking for everyone, this was just how I felt.

With the revelation of Daybreak taking over, I sincerely hope that the aforementioned model of expansions will be different. (Bring back REAL expansions)

I have been trolling the forums since the takeover and it seems that Daybreak is at least trying to listen to the player-base on a variety of issues/requests. The new TLP server is evidence of that.

Many of us have spent countless hours in Everquest, more often than we care to admit, but it is a game like no other. (Daybreak) please continue to listen to the player-base, make worthy expansions, and let Everquest regain its former glory as the reigning king of MMO’s.

Now…. (scratches head) which button was for feign death again?

danille 05-12-2015 07:40 PM

Yay! welcome back! :)

colorman222000 05-13-2015 05:25 AM

Awesome. You have the best UI ever.

Sdayen 05-13-2015 08:08 AM

Welcome back!! Now where is that FD button you were talking about??? :-)

btw is there anyway to squeeze in a haste % on the main UI without having to go into the stats window? thanks again and welcome back you have been missed!

warriorofmight 05-13-2015 06:17 PM

Errm .... who are you?!
:nana:

Bachaco 05-18-2015 04:00 AM

Awesome!

Glad to see you back man! :nana:

Keep up the good work!

See you on Ragefire yay! :D

Sparxx 05-18-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdayen
Welcome back!! Now where is that FD button you were talking about??? :-)

btw is there anyway to squeeze in a haste % on the main UI without having to go into the stats window? thanks again and welcome back you have been missed!

I am working on an idea that may be what you are asking for. Since I do not use the actual Target of Target window for anything (ToT is already integraged into my target window), I can cannibalize the ToT window for other things.

I can just rename the EQbutton menu item to something different to open it.

Stay tuned. :)

Sparxx 05-18-2015 11:53 AM

@ danille, colorman222000, warriorofmight, Bachaco, Sdayen

Thank you, good to be back!

Sdayen 05-18-2015 12:18 PM

will do :)

Daineden 11-10-2015 01:06 PM

Welcome back and thank you

Glad to see you back. I have also recently returned after a 2 year absence, and I feel your pain on which button is which. I cleared everything off my PC from EQ except my bookmark folder. Guess I missed that one due to Rage Purge as well. I love your UI and look forward to seeing the new version.

colorman222000 11-13-2015 11:57 AM

Great!

Nice to have you back. You truly have the best UI ever.

Floppie 11-23-2015 12:35 PM

@Sparxx FWIW, I have a version of your UI with some very minor changes to bring it up to full functionality with TBM. I can send it over as a starting point if you'd like.

(I also have it in a git repo if you would like to use that for version control.)

Sparxx 11-25-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppie
@Sparxx FWIW, I have a version of your UI with some very minor changes to bring it up to full functionality with TBM. I can send it over as a starting point if you'd like.

(I also have it in a git repo if you would like to use that for version control.)

Thank you Floppie. My triumphant return was short lived as I had high hopes for Daybreak, and even higher hopes for real/decent expansions again. I was sadly mistaken.

I have enabled Patch/Addons for other authors on my main UI page (Here)

warriorofmight 11-25-2015 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparxx
Thank you Floppie. My triumphant return was short lived as I had high hopes for Daybreak, and even higher hopes for real/decent expansions again. I was sadly mistaken.

I LOLed :p

Floppie 12-14-2015 12:15 PM

Haha...I certainly can't debate you on that. I think there have been a lot of cool expansions recently, but TBM has been largely a disappointment from a content standpoint. I'm holding out hope that it'll be improved somewhat with the content patch in the spring.

Thanks for enabling third-party patches :) I'll get it all spruced up and submit one when I'm done.