EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   hybrids (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Paladin UI (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5023)

Choushoe 12-24-2002 06:08 PM

Paladin UI

What we need is a cool Paladin UI sort of like the Ranger UI.

Rashnu 01-25-2003 10:05 PM

Bump

Son-of-a-Gun 02-22-2003 01:54 PM

Bump x 2

Gena 02-22-2003 02:02 PM

Try This

Using this one myself.

http://www.eqinterface.com/sdownloa...nfo.php?id=1332

Genadine
Xev

Varigon 02-24-2003 10:31 AM

As often as I am being MA on raids and such that UI wouldn't help that much for me. Paladins that MA really the spell gems and the Hot bank side by side due to high lag situations. When I tank I am hitting Taunt, Disarm, Desist, Cease, Yalup IV all at a rapid pace (kinda makes me feeling like im twisting songs.) The only UI that I could use in those situtations would be one that requires the least movement with mouse. Just my opinion.

Gena 02-24-2003 10:42 AM

@ Varigon

Try making hotkeys for your spells.

Plus why Disarm? Waste of time

Yaulp IV is as near a waste of time as they come

From a Paladin who Tanks and is MA on Raids

Genadine
Xev

Varigon 02-24-2003 03:45 PM

Disarm is a huge taunt and seems to work better to gain agro then the taunt button itself. Yalup IV also a huge taunt and gives a nice little AC bonus (every little bit helps.) I group with a druid, cleric, and a wizard when I am just exp hunting. Makes for a hard time when all three start chain casting. We add a Monk with so much haste on him it is disgusting, which is another reason to get the extra taunt.

Currently my hot key box is filled with keys stating who and what my target is, Calling for assist, Disarm, Taunt, Bash, Attack, Range weapon, Lay Hands, and an announcement that Heal over Time has just been cast. I could use another set of Hot Keys but in doing so I am back to difficulties in high lag situations.

Cairenn had one, the verision 1 UI, but i have been unable to locate a copy of it since the creation of the Ver 2.

edited to include:
This is just my style of Tanking on raid. I do not mean to imply that the above UI is not a good one. If it fits the style of tanking you do then by all means use it. From what I could tell it really looked good. It would just be difficult to use with my style of tanking and the Lag that I encounter if I dont have time to turn off the newer models.

Cairenn 02-24-2003 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Varigon
Cairenn had one, the verision 1 UI, but i have been unable to locate a copy of it since the creation of the Ver 2.

Complete Feature > Cairenn > t.king based UI Ver 2 by Cairenn. ;)

And yeah, it's *very* hybrid friendly, I am a ranger, after all. But, it works well for *all* classes, depending on which options you snag out of the Choices folder.

Varigon 02-25-2003 10:30 PM

Great! Thanks :)

Disavow 05-11-2003 05:27 AM

Paladin UI

I have still yet to find a UI that is suited for a paladin. I've found some really cool SK ones, but that's it. Anyone know of any?

Disavow

Thomus 05-11-2003 05:41 AM

I've recently added the "Crusader UI" theme to my list of UI's to make, and I have already created the spellbars for each theme, here are screenshots of the only parts of the Crusader UI that is done, except that I plan to redo the spellbook, the rest will come soon enough:

spellbar(left) spellbook(right)

Here is a list of UI's I'm currently developing in my sparetime:

Theme Title | Modder assigned to theme
-------------------------------------------------
1.) Arcane | Remelio
2.) Briar | Remelio
3.) Crusader | Katn
4.) Draconis | Drakah
5.) Rivendale | Katn
6.) Spirit | Drakah
7.) Steamworks | Kuvasie
8.) Undead | Kuvasie

Aerasin 05-11-2003 04:51 PM

Wow. That's an impressive sword spell cast bar. Puts mine to shame! ;)

Orison 05-11-2003 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomus
I've recently added the "Crusader UI" theme to my list of UI's to make, and I have already created the spellbars for each theme, here are screenshots of the only parts of the Crusader UI that is done, except that I plan to redo the spellbook, the rest will come soon enough:

spellbar(left) spellbook(right)

Here is a list of UI's I'm currently developing in my sparetime:

Theme Title | Modder assigned to theme
-------------------------------------------------
1.) Arcane | Remelio
2.) Briar | Remelio
3.) Crusader | Katn
4.) Draconis | Drakah
5.) Rivendale | Katn
6.) Spirit | Drakah
7.) Steamworks | Kuvasie
8.) Undead | Kuvasie

Must have spellbar... give... give... give... ribbit! /tremble :p

P.S.
Make a reversed one too! :D

Disavow 05-12-2003 12:21 AM

Paladin UI

That looks awesome man. Keep up the great work. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Disavow

Rikari 05-12-2003 12:51 AM

Stunning, but still lacking... sorta

I dunno, for a Sword style spell cast bar, i always pictured the actual "Gem area" of it to be upon the scabbard with the Sword sticking out at the top.. Perhaps with the sword all the way in when spell book is closed, with an animation of the sword being drawn just enough to reveal a glowing blade or something like that... Im no graphic artist by any means tho, and until now, didnt really have a reason to make such a suggestion... But if anyone wants to undertake such a project, well.. 1- id prolly play my pally more, and 2- id have one helluva mod for em.

That said, Ima major T.King Fan myself, and look forward to seeing some of the new mods in development, let alone using them, ESP the Druid Class animation. :P

And to anyone working on the eq dev team, for the love of god, Hire Thomus already, let his eye candy / programming skills effect more in Everquest than just the UIs. :)