EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General UI Talk (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EQ Interfaces and the G15 Keyboard (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17763)

Genghiz Cohen 03-02-2006 07:16 PM

EQ Interfaces and the G15 Keyboard

Anyone thought of the marrige of these? The Keyboard could be an extension of the interface, displaying certain info on the LCD and consequently freeing up space on screen. :)

Edit:

Info on G15 Keyboard for those who aren't familiar with it.

Cairenn 03-02-2006 07:27 PM

Oh no, not here too!

*cries*

(surprised it's taken this long though, to be honest ...)

Genghiz Cohen 03-02-2006 07:28 PM

eep :confused:

Cairenn 03-02-2006 07:31 PM

Sorry, it's just an ongoing mess over on the WoW boards is all. Nothing personal. ;)

No idea what SOE's stance is about it, what is "allowed" or not according to SOE.

Genghiz Cohen 03-02-2006 07:34 PM

Oh hehe.

Well, I'm talking strictly LCD here. The G-buttons is a whooole other can of worms and I'm not going there lol.

The LCD seems harmless enough, though. Imagine real time DPS monitor (the parsers are already out there - just a matter of routing the info to the LCD), kill counter, Arista's timers, etc etc. So much neat stuff you *could* do. :D

Cairenn 03-02-2006 07:37 PM

Indeed. There is much that is incredibly cool about the keyboard, and there are definitely uses for it that are neat. :)

Now if only they would come out with an ergo version of it. Ditto the Optimus (that keyboard looks INCREDIBLY cool!).

Anyway, sorry for the thread-jack, back to your regularly scheduled programming ... ;)

Drakah 03-02-2006 07:38 PM

More buttons? LOL I want LESS! I'm confused as it is :)

Cairenn 03-02-2006 07:39 PM

Drakah hunny, when are you not confused? ;)

errrrr

*goes back into hiding*

Genghiz Cohen 03-02-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
Indeed. There is much that is incredibly cool about the keyboard, and there are definitely uses for it that are neat. :)

Now if only they would come out with an ergo version of it. Ditto the Optimus (that keyboard looks INCREDIBLY cool!).

Anyway, sorry for the thread-jack, back to your regularly scheduled programming ... ;)

Oh I agree on Optimus. That thing makes me drool like Homer.

And Drakah, there's no such thing as too many buttons and gizmos. So there. :p

Silverraider 03-02-2006 10:03 PM

EQ Interfaces and the G15 Keyboard

Bah best thing for in game is a keyboard called zboards :D has everything an eq addict needs :p

vino 01-18-2007 11:22 PM

G15 > Zboard IMHO :) I'de take a Saitek 2 before a Zboard too :)

shillingworth 01-19-2007 03:11 AM

Love my G15, hardly ever use Hotkeys in EQ anymore, got them all recorded in the bank (I am fairly certain SOE allows them, they allowed programmable controllers in the past, think they only worried about AFK automation and packet snooping). Also a programmers dream as well, can record all your templates into the keys, works awsome for interface coding. If anyone knows a way to trap EQTypes to outside vars (other than MQ, was already suggested to me an I don't wanna use that), i'd be willing to write an app to handle such stuff after I finish the UI editor I'm workin on. Was already thinking of plugging in some parsing functions to it.

Wonder if XSLT will work to get the value of an EQType.

Egras 01-19-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairenn
...the Optimus (that keyboard looks INCREDIBLY cool!) ...
Damn joo Cairenn. I want the Optimus SOOOOOO bad. Stop reminding me its not released yet.

Dolby 01-19-2007 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egras
Damn joo Cairenn. I want the Optimus SOOOOOO bad. Stop reminding me its not released yet.

I only wish they would have kept it color. I guess maybe it was just too expnsive to produce that way?

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/peri...n-bw-217311.php

sneakemz 01-24-2007 08:56 PM

i will stick to my Zboard, it works good with so many games i cant see how much more would anyone want