EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Melee (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Any good Monk UIs? (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11308)

Quichon 11-20-2003 09:05 AM

Any good Monk UIs?

Okay, I am a total newbie as far as UIs are concerned. I am a monk, I do LDoN often, and I absolutly hate lag. I looked at the minimalist stuff but they seem to shrink everything so small that I can't make out what is going on (or perhaps that's just the way the pic turned out). I want something that gets out of my way so I can see what is going on, yet is there in case I need to see something. Most espically I want the following:

Compass
Target Indicator that has con color
Target bar that has con color
seperate windows for combat clutter and chat
percentages for both hp and xp
no animations
easy to read font (ariel or times new roman or something similar)
1024 X 768 or smaller

What I would not mind having but isn't an absolute must

cool spell buff icons
cool graphics IF they are not placed where I need to look

If there is anything fitting these then I didn't see them. If anyone has suggestions PLEASE let me know. I am still using the default UI (created a sepereate window for combat clutter) and I would like something better.

Pub_Spears 03-01-2004 09:37 AM

I always use this UI for Melee Class

Although I am a Chinese player .. I think this also suits for English Version..

Fyste 03-01-2004 10:21 AM

I use my own, FysteUI 1.5 . Keep in mind when you look at the screenshot, that I pushed the Opacity to 100% for that shot. When I'm actually playing, I set the fade value of everything on screen to 25%. So although the windows are on the screen, they're all semi-transparent.

Also, the 36 minute timer isn't visible, but it's got con-color around the timer window. I use 36 minute because that timer is broken into 6 blocks, and 36 minutes makes it 6 chucks of 6 minute intervals... nice for Mend. Also nice because most spawn times are 18 - 24 minutes, so it's easy to calculate.

Anyway, good luck !

Mirakle 07-11-2004 02:45 AM

Fyste UI is very nice....

My favorite for my monk is "Clean" UI. Check it out, should be under the full sets :)

Yoshinkai 07-11-2004 10:30 AM

Nice UI

Hey Pub Spears

I like the invisible text boxes for chat groups. Any chance you could link that file or shoot me an email at [email protected] with the file. Thanks would be greatly appreciated

Yoshinkai Shihon
Transcendant
Cats in Hats

forry 07-11-2004 12:57 PM

You can have invisible chat boxes with any interface....just right click the title bar and set the Alpha > Normal and Alpha > Faded sliders to 0.

Quichon 07-15-2004 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyste
I use my own, FysteUI 1.5 . Keep in mind when you look at the screenshot, that I pushed the Opacity to 100% for that shot. When I'm actually playing, I set the fade value of everything on screen to 25%. So although the windows are on the screen, they're all semi-transparent.

Also, the 36 minute timer isn't visible, but it's got con-color around the timer window. I use 36 minute because that timer is broken into 6 blocks, and 36 minutes makes it 6 chucks of 6 minute intervals... nice for Mend. Also nice because most spawn times are 18 - 24 minutes, so it's easy to calculate.

Anyway, good luck !

Awsome UI Fyste! Tried it, loved it, don't know how I managed without it in the past.

Your target timer has helped me out so many times already, not just for mend but spawn times as well. The friends 12 second timer I removed since it wasn't as useful and I actually wanted to see my friends list.

Only thing I might do with it is break out some cool buff icons instead of EQ default, but that would be about it, and that's a simple fix anyways.

Thank you very much Fyste!

Kanwer 07-15-2004 01:00 PM

I just started using this UI. It's sweet! One question though, I don't really need either timer. How do I remove the one that's not based on the friends list?

Ravenwolf 07-15-2004 01:45 PM

Monks Honor

This is the monk ui I created and use.. its very light.. no animations.. but has everything a monk could possibly need and is very easy to read.

Monks Honor

Fyste 07-15-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanwer
I just started using this UI. It's sweet! One question though, I don't really need either timer. How do I remove the one that's not based on the friends list?

The one that's on the Friend's list is EQUI_FriendsWnd.xml
The other one is on the Target window EQUI_TargetWindow.xml

Delete either of those two files in the fyste folder ( or whatever folder you installed the UI in ) and it will automatically use the default UI window.

Kanwer 07-15-2004 04:36 PM

That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick response and keep up the good work.

Bonekracka 08-03-2004 07:25 PM

If you're still looking you might want to give Sars melee a try. Stop by and check out the preview, more screen shots coming soon.

Sars Support & Updated Files

I'll be updating the local files ASAP...

Gman349 08-25-2004 03:31 PM

Monk_Honor created by Raven_wolf

Hello
I play 65 lvl monk on the TholuxePalles sever. I am very intrested in using this interface. But the problem i encounter when i download and extract the file then load it. It says in my window that the file is not compatiable with my current eq setting..something about Xml file or something..sorry i not very computer smart..my question is how do i tell which files i am missing or what files i need.. better still is there a patch i can download to make this interface updated so i can use it with out worries..of some incompatabilty promblems. Thanks
Taopo Flyingfist
65 monk
TholuxePalles server