EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Wish List (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Discrepancy that should be fixed.... (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14011)

Inokis 06-11-2004 03:20 PM

Discrepancy that should be fixed....

A mob has the ability to render you incapacitated in a similar fashion as Mezz, by casting root and then fear on you. However, if you try this same tactic on a mob, it does not render them unable to retaliate.

I see many things that affect us as players differently than the same actions affect mobs. I think instead of giving mobs advantages over players, that players should be able to use the same tactics in a fight that mobs use against the players.

Henaketh 06-11-2004 04:57 PM

I agree.

Pure 06-11-2004 11:30 PM

Mob fightin

Hmm,

Dont forget that seemless never ending manapool most mobs seem to have.

Cairenn 06-12-2004 01:14 AM

Not to mention "Mob hits you for xxx" "You are out of range"

If the mob is close enough that it can hit me, I am close enough that I can hit it.

Inokis 06-12-2004 04:54 AM

This is a bit off topic for this thread, but perhaps one of you can answer this:

Ever since I've been playing over the course of the last two years, whenever you hit the bind wound button, you would repeatedly kneel and stand. Last night, I was sitting, and proceeded to bind wound like i always have, when lo and behold I remained sitting. When i stood up and hit bind wound, i would kneel; but when I sat and hit bind wound, i stayed sitting and had the opportunity to med while i bandaged myself. Is this a new feature, a glitch, or am I just plain retarded and its always been this way?

Lazaru5 06-12-2004 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cairenn
Not to mention "Mob hits you for xxx" "You are out of range"

If the mob is close enough that it can hit me, I am close enough that I can hit it.

Perhaps it's taking into consieration longer arm reach of the mob? From past experiences, most game combat systems/mechanics have the torso as the main focus of attack. And with a longer reach, it can hit you before you can hit it.

o O ( this is just speculation on my part, and I could very well off my rocker :P )

And to your question Inokis.........

I think it has always been that way.

kernan 06-12-2004 09:35 AM

Discrepancy that should be fixed....

Bind wound was changed slightly in the 5/5/04 patch

Quote:
HP Regen
---------------------
- All characters should now regenerate HP faster when sitting. The longer you sit, the faster you regenerate!
- You will not receive increased regen while under the effects of a DOT or while feigned.
- You can now bandage yourself up to 70% of your HP. Folks with the appropriate AA abilities can bandage above 70%.
- You can now bandage while sitting.

same time as /rewind and surname changes.

zonnai 06-12-2004 10:24 AM

Yes, its new, you can bind wound while sitting thought if I recall, your regen sitting regen stops while binding. So there really is no difference between sitting and binding and standing and binding EXCEPT it used to grey out your bind if you were sitting and pressed it.

Cairenn 06-12-2004 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazaru5
Perhaps it's taking into consieration longer arm reach of the mob? From past experiences, most game combat systems/mechanics have the torso as the main focus of attack. And with a longer reach, it can hit you before you can hit it.

o O ( this is just speculation on my part, and I could very well off my rocker :P )

Ah, but if it can reach out with its long arms and hit me, then I can hit its hand. Heh.

gt216 07-29-2004 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inokis
A mob has the ability to render you incapacitated in a similar fashion as Mezz, by casting root and then fear on you. However, if you try this same tactic on a mob, it does not render them unable to retaliate.

I see many things that affect us as players differently than the same actions affect mobs. I think instead of giving mobs advantages over players, that players should be able to use the same tactics in a fight that mobs use against the players.

And lets not forget about NPC ability to cast OUTDOOR ONLY spells INDOOR!?! I hate seeing mobs in LDoN and Upper/Lower Guk constantly casting sow and other buffs. I say if PCs can't do it, NPCs shouldn't beable to either. This has bugged me since the new GoD Leadership XP and the Spell Awareness ability.

ArcherPhate 09-20-2004 09:34 AM

I agree, seeing a Green to 62 mob in DS hit for 500 a hit, We cant do that!!!!