EQInterface Forums

EQInterface Forums (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/index.php)
-   General UI Talk (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   UI changes on test... (http://www.eqinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19749)

stevenklug 07-30-2008 11:15 PM

UI changes on test...

Since I don't seem to have access to post in the SOE corner, I'll post here.

I just wanted to give you all a heads' up that the Test server has some fairly significant UI changes necessitated by the new voice chat feature. There are some new structures in the XML that will need explaining. We'll be putting together a document that describes them soon. In the meantime, my understanding is that some custom UIs are having issues with the changes. So those of you still keeping your UIs up to date may want to login to test and take a crack at fixing them. We will try to fix issues that are on our side, but some if it may require custom UIs to be updated.

Xislaben 07-31-2008 12:26 AM

Looks like the biggest issue will be the EQUI_Animations.XML

Adding this:

Code:
<TextureInfo item="VChat.tga"> <Size> <CX>64</CX> <CY>64</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo>

and:

Code:
<Ui2DAnimation item="A_Speaker"> <Frames> <Texture>VChat.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpeakerMute"> <Frames> <Texture>VChat.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>32</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_Mic"> <Frames> <Texture>VChat.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>16</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_MicMute"> <Frames> <Texture>VChat.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>16</X> <Y>16</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_Kick"> <Frames> <Texture>VChat.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>32</X> <Y>16</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>16</CX> <CY>16</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation> <Ui2DAnimation item="A_SpeakingIndicator"> <Cycle>true</Cycle> <Grid>true</Grid> <Vertical>false</Vertical> <CellHeight>16</CellHeight> <CellWidth>16</CellWidth> <Frames> <Texture>VChat.tga</Texture> <Location> <X>0</X> <Y>0</Y> </Location> <Size> <CX>64</CX> <CY>64</CY> </Size> </Frames> </Ui2DAnimation>

And maybe copying the VChat.tga over into a custom dir. Not sure if it'll check the default folder for it or not.

Kinada 07-31-2008 12:45 PM

Nah the TGA file should be fine in the default folder.

Savok 07-31-2008 03:10 PM

UI's are easily updated but I bet we see more vchat.tga files around with better graphics pretty soon..

Brighid741 07-31-2008 09:26 PM

Thanks SKlug!

Arslayn 08-01-2008 07:58 AM

While I like the feature an really hope I can "tune out" the ppl I dont wanna hear , if the chat goes down with EQ crashes etc I can see alot of ppl just staying with Ventrilo etc....

Xislaben 08-01-2008 05:07 PM

Oh, there's more changes. Modifying the group windows will be fun ><

shillingworth 08-02-2008 09:56 PM

You are much better off to use a custom include file instead of modding the animation file.

EQUI.xml the right way
Code:
<Composite> <Include>../default/EQUI.xml</Include> <Include>MyAnimations.xml</Include> </Composite>

If you want to override any of the default animations, you can copy and past it into MyAnimations.xml (or whatever you want to name it) and alter it. You will get a red error message when you load the ui, but it should run fine. In all actuality there really are only a handful of things you would have to override an element to change, the rest can be changed just by altering the right stuff.

Kalthazz 08-05-2008 01:08 PM

UI changes on test...

Not going to go well for those of us with UIs where we cant really make too many big or major changes like the group window or anything as mine is like hard coded and trying to change it is not going be easy or fearing it cant be changed too much!

Neolithicx 08-20-2008 11:42 AM

I'm not a coder and don't do XML. This very stripped down version of a UI has served me for years and I am quite concerned over the new changes.

Can you advise me?

There are target window files and UI files. Nothing seems to work on test.

I would greatly appreciate a professional review and advice: Neo.

EQUIActionsWindow.XML
EQUIAnimations.XML
EQUIBigBank.XML
EQUIBuffwindow.XML
EQUIHotbutton.XML
EQUIGroupWindow.XML
EQUIHotButton.XML
EQUIPlayerwindow.XML
EQUITargetWindow.XML

The rest are gems and spells and targetwindows. I can not over-emphasize just how simple this interface is. I have attached files. I hope I can get some help here. I just can't go back after playing this for years and years. =)

I am happy to send you my very simple files for analysis. Thank you very much.

Stacey

Neo

Halelen 08-20-2008 01:45 PM

right now biggest thing is the animations file. With it fixed the rest will load (for now). I wouldnt get in too big of a hurry to change anything else because nothing is set yet and you know sony as soon as ya change it they will dump it. Post your animation file here and can get ya up to speed so you can at least run ui.

Hal

Neolithicx 08-20-2008 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
THANKS !!! POSTING if i can figure it out haha. =)

Ok, it is posted. I zipped it up (Name isn't exact as file name but close).

Appreciate any help.

Halelen 08-23-2008 10:42 AM

Here

1 Attachment(s)
Ok try this and let me know

Hal

Neolithicx 08-25-2008 06:47 AM

Works like a charm !

I hope you did not spend too much time on this. I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Drakah 08-25-2008 09:20 AM

Shouldnt be a big deal to edit the UI's.. but I am glad I only have 2 UI's that use that animations file :) woo woo