Thread: MiniUI
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #7
Stoplaughin
A Tundra Mammoth

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getti Lee
looking great man, awesome work you're doing there. i still love slim and functional look there.

when you're finished, will you maybe have instructions on how to "borrow" some of your ui elements? bandolier, tradeskill, map with white background (awesome!), item window, chat windows etc?

keep up the great work man, this is the best minimalist ui i've ever seen :)

Thanks for the good words :).

Thats a good idea. I will add some instructions to the UI download page next time I change something, but here is how its done.

1. If you are trying to mix some of the pieces of MiniUI with other pieces that require custom animations and modify the EQUI.xml file, then you will need to alter that file. Make sure the line "<Include>MUI4_Animations.xml</Include>" is in with all the other includes and that it is before the line "<Include>..\default\EQUI.xml</Include>". If you are trying to mix pieces of MiniUI with a UI that does not modify EQUI.xml, then simply use the file included in MiniUI.

2. Copy MUI4MapDark.dds, MUI4MapLight.dds, MUI4Scroll.dds, MUI4WindBack.dds, MUI4WindowPieces.dds, MUI4WindowPiecesDXT1.dds, and MUI4_Animations.xml into your UI folder.

3. If you are going to use the spell book from MiniUI also copy window_pieces05.tga and window_pieces01.tga into your UI folder.

3. Copy any of the XML files you would like into your UI folder. From their name you can usually tell what window they modify.