View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 04:25 PM   #16
danille
Feeling Elemental?

Server: Bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamguren
Totally agree been using this UI for years and just cant find another that feels as good.

however lately I have been having problems with EQ crashing in certain zones (namely Misty, N&W Karana and Lobby), which on investigation seems to be down to Aya UI, i.e doesnt crash when using standard UI or Vert, but if i reload AYA it crashes yet again in these zones. (note only happend twice in lobby)

useually get a message about "unable to read instruction at address @@@@@@" or somethign along those lines.

After repeated use your .ini files become corrupt. Start by using the EQUI_YOURNAME_YOURSERVER.ini file that comes with the AYAUI download. Rename it and stick it in your EQ folder (not the AYAUI folder) If that doesn;t solve the problem, then rename your client.ini files and repatch. (The ones that contain the hotkey and spell book information) those get corrupted as well after time and can cause you to crash.

Of course that means that you will have to remake your hotkeys and spell books but it makes the crashing stop. A good way to see if this is the problem is to open the files as txt and see if there are blank spaces in the file. This is an indicator of corruption.

Danille Impholder
The Magician's Tower
Bristlebane ~ Sol Invictus
Keep Norrath Safe
Caretaker of AYA
danille is offline   Reply With Quote