Thread: Aya UI Problem?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #9
valaury3169
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoala
This is actually not true. All monitors have a maximum resolution and this resolution can vary. The Toshiba TV he is using probably has a maximum size of 1360x768. There are some TV's that have a different max depending on what input is used. I use TV's a lot for Digital Signage displays, some of these TV's have smaller resolutions when used with the VGA port, but go to full HD (1920X1080) when used with the HDMI port. This is not a software limitation but a hardware limitation on the TV.

In any event, a screen resolution of 1360X768 severely limits your gaming experience. I would recommend trying to find a better screen to use.

This is sorta true. However, your PC won't have any idea what the 'monitor' screens resolution is, not to mention that the TV resolution is mostly likely either 1280x720 (720i/p HD) or 1920x1080 (1080i/p HD). When you refer to 'max' what you really mean is 'native'. Native resolution simply means the exact number of pixels a monitor has, and if your output uses that resolution, then the pixels will be 1:1 providing you with the clearest picture. All monitors (in the cae TV) have scaling processors in them. In the same way that you can set your resolution to 640x480 and still see stuff, you can set your resolution to somthing higher then the native and you will still see it.

The 1360x768 limit he is hitting is a limitation of his graphics driver, not the device the output is going to.
valaury3169 is offline   Reply With Quote