View Single Post
Old 10-15-2002, 01:19 PM   #12
Thangor
A Snow Cougar

Server: Saryrn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Lightbulb Thanks!!

Wow!! First I have to thank you all! I've been thinking about my inventory design for a little bit and it's good to know my efforts are paying off.

Okay... now for the fixes, changes, etc.

Bracer and hand switched on the right arm... yep... absolutely true... that is definately off ... I'll get that fixed.

a good portion of the "Character Stone" is actually a "Auto Equip" area. This is to further help getting used to where I thought things should be. But that bracer / hands thing... well heheh I attribute that to being tired.

Graphicly speaking I'd say this is about 90% done. There is a LOT of graphical tweaking I plan on doing with this... from refining the graphics themselves to moving things a little here and there.

Action buttons... "Done" "Destroy" "Alt-ADV" and "Skills"... Yes... I know.. I didn't place them where I wanted. The fact of the matter is that it was one of the last things I put on and the current placement was dropped there for the "beta" of this thing. My current thoughts is to place the "destroy" button in the lower right, just above the weight... (I thought putting it near the copper would be nice as well as moving it away from the other buttons so it's not used "accidently".

The topic I KNEW was coming... the character image. I first chose to work with a barbarian warrior because... well... I am one.

My plan is to make this more universally addaptable. I thought I would first make it for my Main though... then make some other version that fits more people for release (or find some suitable design that allows for more races).

There is another slight problem... The actual holders for the items (circles surrounding the gem) contain little pictures of the character gem with the part of the body shown that the item will fall on. I was thinking it might just be better for the sake of changing the main character silloette that these be more "generic" in nature. Will add some time to the design... but I want to refine this thing until it's exactly right. I was thinking some kind of "symbol" system for those. and perhaps making the background inside them more transparent. This will come with time as this is a work in progress.

Down side to making it more "Non-race/gender" sepecific is that I think it takes away from the overall design. I personally enjoy seeing a silloette of my character in there, however I also know others would like that same joy. Lucky for us all, when I built this thing I made that pretty easily replaced... The one big problem I have is the "eye guides"... they go over the gem and point to various parts of the body. This may be the biggest problem in changing the character gem.

The upside is I can make multiple versions of this for each of the classes / races. Changing gem color for the different races or something? (gem color is VERY easily changed as well).

I'll most likely be posting a updated version of this later today. Thanks for all your feedback and DEFINATELY keep it up! The more you tell me what's not right about it... the more I learn and the better I get! A very valueble thing indeed.