View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 01:40 PM   #7
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default Cencept

It is still in concept phase, actually that's where most of the hard work is done.. every graphic I put in place I think of the underlying window I will change, I spend more time watching the pic, scratching my head, than making it.

So far so good, I tried the horizontal party window.

For this interface it sounds like a GREAT idea

PROS
- you can toggle it off (the vertical party window was filling up the 'siides' thus if it was removed it would have left a hole)
- when you toggle it off, you have a little more viewport visisble
- solved the problem of short guages in the side bar, now they are the same length as new ui ones (with old ui look)
- and had more space to put F2 - F6 labels
- freed some valuable space on the sdidebar so now I can put more stats that are always visible (unless inventory is on, then it overlaps)

CONS
- all i can think of is it may be a little slower to read since it is spread in a long line but it shouldnt be an issue really.. plus it's close to the chat window

I think the party window is really cool

I am toying with the idea of a bar at the top with a long self HP gauge and target HP gauge... but that would totally enclose the viewport which doesnt sound good .. plus I still have to overlay the buff effects on the main view

The colored 'circle' around the spell gems will be a glow effect in the spell gem 'slots'

I'm trying to decided whether make a movable flying Pet Window, or stick it somewhere in the sidebar..

Now I am pulling my hair out with the inventory, rad a lot of forums to try find what best configuration to use.

My main concern is range/ammo/primary/secondary close to inv slots for quick weapon switching during fight

There ya go, please let me know if I overlook some classes or useful features..

--faB