View Single Post
Old 10-21-2002, 09:57 PM   #11
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe

Thanks for the feedback hochorz, I am taking notes and I would like to see more people's advice on the group window before makeing the hard decision..

Ok I have an idea..

I think I 'll make soon a ugly unfinished 'mock up' but one that works with this horizontal party window and yo uwill be able to give it a test

Good point for the inventory slots,
I know I need to use melee/range/ammo on the main view I am still pulling my haris out on this one Just have to find the BEST config possible for most ppl

KAENIL

here is the actions window in my concept, nothing special here, nothing changed, just wrong tab on my concept layout

I dont know how to spice this one.. havent seen any special actions window mods so far.. sadly we can not add any more action buttons than what is available.. but it will be modded for my UI to hold inv slots and such.. this is transparent to user

Quote:
Player window. I think it looks a bit too awkward where the percentages are, and how it spaces the bars out.

I have to agree on that, will work on it.

Quote:
Not sure what you're trying to do below the player window there. Put level, class, diety, hp, ac, and atk there? I'm guessing thats the target bar just below it right?

Yes I am thinking of combining those two, maybe the deity and class do not matter so maybe I will remove them as they can show while the inventory is on
Yes below is the Target bar, but it will becompletely hidden when inventory is on, the correct target bar can be seen in my 4th post pic

Quote:
As to the 'What here?' comment, maybe leave that area blank so people could put in some of Arista's timers? Just an idea

Hmm I will probably need all the space I can get, but that is a GOOD suggestion. i Will keep it in mind. If all else fails , people can always put things up on the view such as the compass.

It's good to leave some space to 'breathe' in there anyway, I dont have to fill up everything with data.. so yes I hope I will have some space left

Quote:
Maybe add a pet hp percentage next to your hp and mana percentage?

Well, for the player, I was thinking the pet window contains this info, and thus if the player does not play a pet class, there wont be some space left unused up there. I will try to add a precentage to the pet hp bar though wherever it is.

Quote:
there should be a pet hp bar under the player hp bar right? So you don't really need the pet hp bar in the pet window

I didnt plan to, as explained above, because it will leave a n unused space in player window to non pet classes, and also because I will have the pet window buttons together in oneplace and the pet hp somewhere else ? Or I would double the pet hp information.. so I prefer to leave the pet hp bar in the pet window.. I am hoping this way the Pet Window will also be a toggle on/off to add flexibility into the interface

Quote:
Combine the level,class,diety, etc window with the stat window?

I planned to display the stats while the inventory is on, I think in order of importance you have hp/ac/atk, then the resists (because you can be debuuffed during fight), then maybe the stats ? So the stats will effectively appear when the inventory is toggled on,

oh, wait.. I see.. ok yes when inventory is on I can actually merge this and stats take a little less space good idea :P

in fact I may as well put all in one 'box' when inventory is on, I dont have to really stick to the old UI composition, I'm just using the old UI viewport arrangement and 'theme'

Quote:
I'm not sure what would fill that little spot just above the target bar. Maybe one timer or something?

I can see that my posts were confusing because I posted the main view screenshot without the right side done, and then posted my 'in progress' inventory on screenshot with those done..

I will try to post soon a actual concept of the main view

Thank you for the feedback!