View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 03:19 AM   #2
forry
Enhanced Imperial Golem

Server: Tarew Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Ok...being that I'm at work, I can't check your graphics for problems; however, this sounds like a problem I just had 2 nights ago. I believe it is a problem with your graphics files. (search for the word "alpha" will give you more info on this)

Here is what I found:

When you create a graphics file for EQ to use, you have to specify an alpha channel on that graphic... The way I think of it is this -- if you want to see it in EQ, it has to be part of the alpha channel...if you want to see through it in EQ, it should not be part of the alpha channel! That was the easiest for me.

Now how to make an alpha channel:

In Photoshop, select any part of the picture that you want to display in everquest (or pick what you don't want to display, then invert your selection )...next, on the selection menu item, choose to save your selection. There should be an option there for the name of the save (default on mine was "NEW" with a pull down menu) If you use the pull down menu, there should be an option call "Alpha 1" or something similar. When you pick this name, I got 4 more options to choose:
- replace current
- add to current
- subtract from current
- (not sure what this was)

You can choose to add to the current alpha channel and click OK. Then just deselect everything and save you picture. Then test! That worked for me

Hope this helped!

EDIT: just fixed up some mistakes I saw
forry is offline   Reply With Quote