Old 03-22-2003, 07:09 PM   #32
faBBe
A Shissar Disciple

Server: -none-
Send a message via ICQ to faBBe
Default howdy

howdy
sorry for the lack of updates,

I'm pretty much done with this UI, to tell the truth. I'm not exactly extremely busy so I figured I could keep it working after patches, since fixing the xml files is easy enough.. but judging by the feedback I have recived since putting it into beta I assumed there was not much interest to it, hence I had no interest in trying to update it since.

If anyone wants to post a 'fixed' version after any patches in the future, please do so. If you want to make something based on this, but including new additions, please post it in another topic as a new mod, 'based on this mod'.

Now the reason I came by this board is I figured I might try the french version of EverQuest for kicks, I was always curious how they managed to translate the story and dialogues, and so I installed this free 1 month eq classic version that came with a magazine, but for some reason I can not connect to EverQuest with my dial up modem. I tried my 'english' install of EQ, that I still have on the harddrive, for testing the UI, and I also get a 'connectiin failure' rom the patcher.. so I guess it just won't work with the dial up modem (a 56k modem).

That sucks, I figured, I might as well fix those pet health bars at least before I call it a day, but I can't even run EverQuest until my ADSL connection is restored :/ what a world heh

So, thanks hkTRox for posting an update to this, maybe you can post the non mana version if you have one ? (I assume you only play caster types ? )

For those interested.. some dev. notes ahead :

splitting the UI in two directories, one with mana and one with non mana was certainly not practical, but was mandatory to get the UI display properly. That was due to a limitation of the UI not allowing to open the spellgems window when you play a pure melee class.. hence creating a 'hole' in the UI when playing the pure melee class.

So what Idid to make it managable was make a batch file (.BAT) that copies over the files from the classic-mana directory to my classc directory.. this way I only edit the xml files in one directory.

Only the selector window xml file I believe has the specific (small) differences betwee nthe two versions.. every other file is exactly the same in both directories.. silly isn't it ?

Oh well, I'm off again now

faB

PS: hkTRox are you sure you dont just need to open that party window ?
It won't open automatically I'm afraid. The idea is you show up the party window whenever you need it by using the party window keyboard shortcut (should be ALT P).

If it really doesnt show even by pressing alt + P a few times, then let me know.. maybe there is something wrong with the window's coordinates on your settings ? you may have moved it and then reduced the video resolution since and now it wont show up inside the screen ? Normally, restoring the UI files as is in the archive (your character xxx . UI if I recall ), should put all windows back into place.

(technically, I liked the overlaps idea, and I spent sometime checking what was the 'default' overlap order of windows and which windows always showed up when you entered EQ, and the Party window is part of those, hence if you put it on just once whenever you leave and log back in,. it should be there. Furthermore, the overlap was done in a way that when it is on, you can not click what is behind , and thus you can not make the top window disappear.