Thread: The Ring
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2003, 07:23 PM   #11
tephrox
A Ghoul

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to tephrox Send a message via AIM to tephrox Send a message via Yahoo to tephrox

Quote:
Originally posted by issey
Is the method of changing the circle to static (non-pulsating) easy to explain? If so, please lead this computer novice thru the hoops, grin. Thanks

Yep, you can do it easily by setting TextureSpeed=0.001 to 0.000 for each color =) That'll get it to stop scrolling. You can download an existing target ring for refence if you'd like. I'm pretty sure the Static Target ring one doesn't scroll, and the Techa ones I made don't scroll either (but they have other stuff changed which might be confusing, since I hardly know what I'm doing =P)

Setting the TextureSpeed to a negative number does work, so -0.001 (negative default) would be a good number to try.

The Texture=something.tga is a very nice line. It allows for multiple textures to be used for a targeting ring, one per color. So you could have red cons have a bunch of hearts spreading out around them, while having blue cons have a bunch of popcicles or something.

The TextureScale=0.1 tells it how much of the .tga to show in one ring size. It works like TextureScale=X, so it'll show X(256) pixels from the left at one time, and scroll from there at the speed given. This means that if you set it to 0.1, which is the default, it'll show 0.1(256), or 25.6 pixels from the left. This works well if you're making a static texture, or a higher detail texture, since it can squeeze more pixels into the ring at once. So rather than stretching the graphic out and showing 26 pixels at a time, you could have it show 128 pixels at once instead, which is much more detailed. The only risk is that there's the possibility that it will squish it down to fit the ring, but I don't know if it does that.

You can also set TextureScale to a negative number, and it'll start the image from the right side and scroll right to left instead. that's kinda pointless though =P
tephrox is offline   Reply With Quote