Thread: Melee Chat Log
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 06:54 AM   #4
Angelcrusha
A Fire Beetle

Server: E'Ci
Send a message via ICQ to Angelcrusha

One thing I have to say in response to the "changes". There are some good things, and some bad...this is going to change the playing style and overall format of the game drastically for melees. Casters haven't had much to change really, a few minor changes here and there, but their playability remained the same through the years. Additionally, I don't foresee this as being a "fix" per se', more of an experimentation on the game itself. There will undoubtedly be good additions to agro for warriors and dps for other melee and hybrid classes, yet as an overall balancing issue, this doesn't change the fact that their "fix" is turning melee into a semi-casting class now. I did not choose the melee lifestyle so I could become a caster, but then, that's just my take on the whole thing. In the end, it all comes down to whether or not this is going to be more of a pain than it is going to be fun.

Also, in response to the paladin "nerf" cry I heard in a reply (and this is not a flame, only a clarification), I must say that paladins are still a very viable tank. From what I am seeing, there have been no modifications done to that class aside from possibly a few changes with your disciplines that sound to be a promising upgrade...Basically, you have to look at it from a warrior's perspective. We have had no spells, and thus, we have always been one dimensional. We Tank, we're not dps, we're not pullers, we're not anything except a meat shield. When another class with pulling abilities, healing abilities, tanking abilities equal to our own, and even dps abilities (against undead), we have become second rate in a field where we were intended to be the top dogs. If a warrior is placed in his intended place as lead tank, a paladin is then left with pulling abilities, healing abilities, dps (undead) abilities, and basically a nice secondary tank. No warriors around? Pick up that pally, he'll do the job nicely. No monks, bards, or rangers around? Pick up that pally, he's got pacify and can handle his own in case of adds. Need a backup healer? Pick up a pally, he has LoH and can spot heal in an emergency. You get my point....

Anyway, I guess everything will have to be seen in a playable field before we can really begin to rip it apart =o)

AC
Angelcrusha is offline   Reply With Quote