View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 07:20 AM   #1
Thomdar
A Fire Beetle

Default Vertical Gauges are possible!

It hit me a couple of days ago walking to store for some food. You can make a vertical gauge with EQ's ui. Not sure how I came up with but it just popped up in my head how to do it. During the walk I was able to refine it a few times.

It's not pretty to look at the xml code for it and is a hassle to write and to modify afterwards, but it does work. Just going to post the files I made as a test. This is pretty ugly looking casting gauge cause it was just hacked together so I could prove to myself it worked.

If you want to see it in action just throw it into it's own ui file and load it up and cast a spell. Most might see how it's done by looking at the files and seeing it's different pieces but for those that don't I will get around to writing the details of how it works when I figure out how to say it and make it make sense.

Also I think this topic/note needs to be changed - Things the new UI can't do.

Also with similar techniques you can make a circular compass. I'm going to try and make a basic one soon to show you all and lay groundwork for those more industrious then me to make better ones.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VertGauge.jpg (12.9 KB, 224 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQUI_CastingWindow.zip (10.8 KB, 29 views)
Thomdar is offline   Reply With Quote