View Single Post
Old 10-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #9
WarpedJester
A Snow Griffin

Server: Morell-Thule
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via AIM to WarpedJester Send a message via Yahoo to WarpedJester

First off and most important is: what are the specs of your 'puter?

Ram:
Hard drive space:
CPU type/speed:
Video card:

When ever you have an older computer, sometimes the easy fix for speed issues in gaming is hardware upgrades.

You can get a desent video card for around $100 that will run EQI with very little lag in high stress zones like the bazaar or POK.

As for the pop up issues... if anything else go to Panda Active Scan they will do a free virus scan and removal. It was the only one that picked of an ad worm that was on my wife’s 'puter.

Now here is an important thing... when you do manage to get the pop ups killed... DONT USE internet exploder anymore. It’s too easy to get viruses through IE just from web surfing. find a alternative web browser, I use Mozilla Firebird its a great browser, its got lots of perks to it over IE (like tabbed windows) and it lessens the chance of getting viruses.

As for the ghosting and the "washed out" look on your screen, just sounds like its time to get a new monitor. You can always look for a new one and have the ease of mind that you have a proper warranty. prices will range from about $100 for a 17" CRT monitor to upwards of $600 for a 22" CRT monitor I took my chances and picked up two used (no warranty) 21" Nokia monitors, $300 for both of them (free CD burner too) and they have done well, but if they fry at any time then I'm out $150.

So there is the detailed run down. Your always welcome to PM me with any questions if you like.

Alabs Taxiservice 56 Gome wizzard
Destiny Wolfiefeet 54 Troll Shaman
Jjet Leezard 56 Iksar Monk
Deadranger Needsarez 40 Halfling Ranger
WarpedJester is offline   Reply With Quote