View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #30
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Got a bit of work on this done, has been slow going since I took that tumble. Working on the project system now, so far I have it doing two things when the user clicks new/open. It loads default into an object of it's own, then parses sidl.xml in the default folder to get sidl's defaults loaded. After that it creates/loads an interface. Any time a file is changed that exist in default but not in the ui being worked on, it copies over the file to the ui directory from default then applies the modifications done.

Also have the start of the save project code. Currently it can save 4 out of the 41 actual usable interface tags. When it saves it goes through each setting for that tag (like x and y in location tags) and checks them against sidl.xml, if they are the same value as a default entry in sidl or a 0 value, it gets ignored by the saving code (only saving the important tags and ones that have been changed).

So far the projects are saved in My Documents/EQIA Projects, when the ui is saved and the testing methods find no faults in it, it gets copied to the eq/uifiles folder and saved to a zip file. Will probably change this functionality to use a publish button to send it to eq/uifiles though.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote