View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM   #12
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacres
!!!!!!! That is exactly what I've been looking for in the ways of a UI. I never had a chance to use the velious version but after seeing it in vids and in pics, I fell in love with it.

I have no idea what's required to create a custom interface, but would it really be that hard to do a remake of the velious version? It seems to have a pretty simple look compared to many of the other interfaces on this site.

It has the simplicity and appeal that I've been searching for, and I'd love to get the chance to try it out for myself someday.

Please let me know if any of you know where to find a UI somewhat similar to this one.

If you are really interested all you need is a text/xml editor. I suggest Visual Web Developer Express (free at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/downloads/). And if your looking to create images, like creating velious ui would require, you would need a paint program of some sort that supports alpha layers, thegimp.org is a free one comparable to adobe photoshop.

After that just dig through the xml file in a text/xml editor, read the AboutSIDL.doc in default directory, take a look at SIDL.xml and study it. Then work on small easy stuff at first like adding a gauge here n there, a label, button, until you grasp the xml structure enough to actually do something with it.

It really isn't all that hard, xml is a simple high-level markup language, and most of the eq control properties in the xml files are very straightforward and aptly named.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote