View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #13
alacres
A Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
If you are really interested all you need is a text/xml editor. I suggest Visual Web Developer Express (free at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/downloads/). And if your looking to create images, like creating velious ui would require, you would need a paint program of some sort that supports alpha layers, thegimp.org is a free one comparable to adobe photoshop.

After that just dig through the xml file in a text/xml editor, read the AboutSIDL.doc in default directory, take a look at SIDL.xml and study it. Then work on small easy stuff at first like adding a gauge here n there, a label, button, until you grasp the xml structure enough to actually do something with it.

It really isn't all that hard, xml is a simple high-level markup language, and most of the eq control properties in the xml files are very straightforward and aptly named.

I'm extremely interested in this, but I'm very comp illiterate I'm afraid =/. I'd most likely get stuck right from the start. I think I'll give it a go though just to see what I can do, but I'm not looking forward to the end result.

I had read about someone remaking this UI back when the progression servers came out, and I thought maybe I could salvage it somewhat and try to make it compatible to the current version. I just wish I knew more about stuff like this =P.

Thanks for the links and info =), feel free to add anything else you can think of on the subject ^^. As it stands now, I need all the help I can get.
alacres is offline   Reply With Quote