Thread: Tablets UI
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2003, 12:11 PM   #27
Eloora
A Shissar Disciple

Send a message via AIM to Eloora

I totally agree with you fox, I'm rather picky too and as a melee I hate having my mobs blocked by chat. The viewport command is very simple, especially if you just want a small bottom portion to be undrawn. I'm not going to go into detail about it b/c other posts do much better ya just gotta look for them.
Below is a hastily edited SS of my ui . It's not quite the same window placement as Talyns gave as an example but this works well for me. As you can see I've made my chat boxes completely transparent for maximun visibility of chat, and my windows align exactly with my /viewport setting, which, for 1280x1024, is 0 0 1280 801 to be exact, which simply means that 801 out of the 1024 vertical pixels have been drawn from the top up. With a little insight you can figure out what portion that translates to in 1024x768, though it'd be smarter to just place all of the windows at the height you want them, then do a test viewport that's, say, 100 pixels or so lower than what you'd guess so that you've got some extra black screen to work with.

Anyways I hope that helped you some, I like giving the mod squad a break every now and then if I can
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my ui.jpg (66.0 KB, 180 views)
Eloora is offline   Reply With Quote