View Single Post
Old 08-06-2002, 02:11 PM   #4
Casanunda
A Shissar Defiler

Server: Fennin Ro
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Send a message via ICQ to Casanunda

Actually, this wouldn't take many frames at all. I don't know how exactly the animated tga display code works, but i'm fairly sure it's similar to the gif file since some of the class icons, (the cleric one i know for sure) has a long pause between each animation, about 5 seconds or more. This means that the animation is coded to play through frames x to x normally, but when it cycles back to the first frame it is coded (in the animations xml i'm pretty sure) to wait so many seconds (hundreths of a second, actually) before it plays again. We should be able to do the same thing here. Say you wanted a 15 minute timer, you get a tga that has 15 "frames", each image with one more picture representing a minute--heck, even frames with the numbers 1 through 15-- with each coded in the xml to change frames every 60 seconds, or 60,000 hundreths of a second. Therefor you have a simple 15 minute timer, with a small file, that is very accurate and useful. If /loadskin does indeed reset these animations, you could do this every time you wanted to reset it and Viola, your own personal chronograph. By the way, does /loadskin still restore to the default window positions anymore, or does it load the ones for the character? that's all, ponder on this, or try it out! good luck.
Fennin Ro"The Forgotten Server"
Go Kicky Fast Okay!
Casanunda is offline   Reply With Quote