View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
Stice
A Snow Griffin

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Remove Templates.xml ???

I was messing around with my UI and removed my Animations file by adding the [TextureInfo item] and [Ui2DAnimation item] straight to my player window. was very happy about that, then moved on to my Templates file, i only have one custom drawtemplate but I use it on most of my windows. so I thought I could just add the info for [WindowDrawTemplate item] to all my files, that didn't work. but by mistake I forgot to remove it from my first window mod(AAWindow), also forgot to change the [DrawTemplate] for them all too. Then loaded the UI again, well was surprised to see the custom titlebar was there.. because I was having a very forgetful day and also forgot to replace the Templates.xml. I did see it didn't change the cascading windows IE EQMain sub-windows and CastSpell sub-windows. I just changed the window_pieces graphics for them to look how I wanted to and now I seem to have a working UI with a custom [DrawTemplate] without the Templates.xml.
My Question is has anyone ever done this or can anyone foresee a problem with this? I really want to get away from using the Templates.xml.

Thanks,