View Single Post
Old 10-08-2002, 05:19 PM   #8
Infectar
A Treant

Menodarkanon,

The timers kind of threw me for a loop the first time I used them too. The colored bar is going to keep moving until it reaches the time limit for the particular timer bar then it will reset and start moving from left to right again. The way the user marks time is by moving the slider to the point on the time bar that an event is set to happen and wait for the colored bar to reach that point. Once it does you move the slider again.

For example let's say you have just killed a mob that respawns every 12 minutes and you want to know when it will spawn again. On your one hour timer move the slider over 6 ticks (3 ticks on a 2 hour timer, 1.5 on the 3 hour) from where the end of the colored bar is currently at. When the color bar catches up to the slider 12 minutes will have elapsed and the mob will pop. If you want to reset the bar before it reaches the end of its cycle you can do so by reloading your skin but this gets to be a bit of a pain in the butt and in hunting situations can be down right dangerous.

I hope this explanation helps. Once you get the hang of it the timers are very useful.

Infectar
Infectar is offline   Reply With Quote