View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 04:28 AM   #1
Kdor
A Fire Beetle

Server: Lanys
Default Current dev kit?

I recently got back into modifying UIs for EQ. A lot has changed since I last tried. Ive scoured the inter-webs for any complete dev kit for EQ UI mods. Havent found anything of much use. Either very old and outdated or links are dead etc.

Can we as an active community maybe start our own Wiki or sticky that has current (2017) information?

For example:
- How the UI files are organized and interact.
- What windows are customizable. What elements are allowed in each
- A complete list of tags and values for each element.

Specifically what Im struggling with now is identifying tags for Screen elements.... example
<DrawTemplate>WDT_RoundedNoTitle</DrawTemplate>
what are all of the valid options for this and what they look like, etc.

For T/F tags, is there a complete list for Screen items? some examples...
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
<Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>
<Style_ClientMovable>true</Style_ClientMovable>
Is there an alternative to the Sizeable tag that allows for only X or Y direction sizing? i.e. lock the width of a screen but allow the length to adjust? Without a list of tags, I wouldnt know what to use, or if its even possible.

I can also see a use for a "NOT POSSIBLE" section. Ive seen an older post with some items that are not possible to do, but I think its not being kept up.
For example...
I "think" its not possible to increase the font size of the BUFF WINDOW icon timers. The timer size stays the same size for whatever size you make the icons. Unless this is one of those times I just dont know of the proper tags to use....

Im not the most organized person so I am probably not the right candidate to manage this, however I would be happy to contribute content.

If there is already something like this, please point be at it as Ive spent quite a few nights looking.
Kdor is offline   Reply With Quote