View Single Post
Old 11-25-2003, 05:32 AM   #1
Genghiz Cohen
Cry Spoon!!

Server: Druzzil Ro
Arrow Wishlist for the future

Hey.

I've been thinking about stuff that I would like to see in EQ that concerns the interface. I'm sure you all have had the "man, I wish I could so-and-so" -thing at one point or another during the making and using of a revamped interface.

Here are a couple of ideas I've had.

* Some form of snap-to-grid system. preferably one where you can define the size of the grid (i.e. customize it to fit whatever interface you're using). This would spare people the effort of having to fiddle with the .ini files just to make a couple of chatwindows line up neatly (one always seem to be a wee bit off target )

* Tooltip enable/disable within -each- window. Some windows really need the tooltips (read vendor, containers etc) while in others the tooltips becomes a hassle and it seems you cant put your mouse anywhere without having a blue blob appear (read bazaar window, among others) and block important bits and pieces. Seems to me this could be done easily with a button along side the Minimize/Close and Help buttons provided with most windows. Admittedly, I really dont have a clue about what is or is not needed to make something like this and it might be a huge programming hurdle to overcome, but I doubt it.

I'm sure there are tons of other ideas out there and I'd be interested to hear whats going through your heads.

Grunt on
/Genghiz

Edit:
Ops, I didnt scroll down far enough on Page 1. Please move this topic to the Wishlist section. Sorry about that hehe
Genghiz Cohen is offline   Reply With Quote