View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 08:27 AM   #35
Catweazel
A Ghoul

Hello Myx,

I wondered if there were any easier fixes that you can post even if involves editing the xml or ini files? I was actually just about to start and try and figure some of this out myself, but some pointers in the right direction would help.

Problems I have noticed since the LON patch:
1. A quick fix to the explosion of windows immediately following the patch was to select full screen mode and adjust the resolution until the UI looked normal again.
2. The mini map window now becomes 4 times larger when changing the resolution
3. 2 extra (chat) windows appear when changing from a working UI in full screen down to a windowed version. I am not sure where they were before, and reading your patch notes they might be spell spam and raid? I was using 1.3 for a week or so before the LON patch and never noticed them, so I am not sure where they were hiding.
4. The buff and short buff windows are incorrectly sized. This is the one I was going to try and fix - and if you had recommendations on what to change the width/height values to that would save an hour.
5. Changing the resolution (and not the screen size) breaks the map, buff windows and maybe some others, so that dragging the UI around to try and make it look better just doesn't work.

Everything is just about working fine at lower resolutions than I have been used to (running 1280x1024 and full screen) but I would love to be able to run 1600x1200 full screen once again.

You have got a great UI -- good luck fixing it.
Catweazel is offline   Reply With Quote