Thread: My EQ2 UI
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
gaelon
A Gray Wolf

hey i've downloaded and installed and am running your ui now.. i absolutely love it.. here is my only concern with it.

If you wish to run and eq2 ui with spells located in the hotbutton area, would you not want two hotkey bars?

I don't know how to do it or i would for my own..

example.. i currently use my hotkey bar for multiple tasks.. ie.. insta invis aa, harmony spell, snare spell, root spell, ranged attack, assit hotkey, incoming hotkey, direct damage spell, guardian aa, tracking.

that is my primary use hotkey bar.. i have several others memmed for mgb's dragging corpses, spells flat out (for your ui) etc etc..

it seems a bit of work to be switching out because i use the primary hotkey setup almost all the time, but i get a request at raids for atk buffs or i need to quick heal the chanter or whatever. on the fly i think it may be tough to hit shift 2 and get my spell bar up.

i would love to see some way of forming multiple hotkeys.. i could use three in reality, but two would work fine.. i just don't know if there is any way of having two up and having them both work individually as in eq2.. in eq2 you can right click the bar and there is an option to create another bar just as you would a chat window. i keep three running most of the time in eq2 for fight, buff, and other. i've been thinking about it, and i've come up with you could probably duplicate the window in the xml, but i think when you hit shift2 to bring up the spell set it would bring it up for both windows, because the program isn't written to run them individually.

so, is there anyone out there smart enough to work this out? I know there's got to be if people can write programs into games for botting.. why can't someone work something into it for a good use lol. If any devs read this.. check into it for a patch.. people are leaving this game and going to the new ones.. i've put 5 years into it and my guild isn't going anywhere new and i'm not either.

anyway.. love the ui i am going to keep using it, and would love to help develop it further if i can be of any assistance.. i am no programmer, but i know my game

gaelon
68 ranger
druzzil ro
Tenacity
gaelon is offline   Reply With Quote