View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
seaxouri
A Hill Giant

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynastar
The thing with my activities window is I can see it as part of the same window that displays some of my items my character wears but, I'm only able to see/use the top part of the activities window itself. Any ideas?

Yes, I know exactly what your problem is, because I had it too.

Edit the file:
C:\Program Files\Everquest\uifiles\Quartz\EQUI_ActionsWindow. xml

Scroll down to around line 1513 and locate the lines:
<Style_Border>false</Style_Border>
<Style_Sizable>false</Style_Sizable>

Change the 'false' values to 'true' so it reads
<Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
<Style_Sizable>true</Style_Sizable>

Then start EQ or reload the UI if you are inside EQ already (/load Quartz).

You will see a small border around the Actions Window box. Use your mouse to resize it back into position (you may need to right click on the window to Unlock it first).

Once it looks good, /camp all the way out of the game.

If you don't like the small border, change the XML file back to the way it was originally.

Log back in and your Actions Window will look good again.

Note: There are other ways to skin this cat. Some folks are editing the INI file manually. The problem with that is that a screwed up INI file can totally trash you, and copying parts of someone elses INI file is generally a bad idea.

There is no 'just fix this for me' solution, because the files that are causing the problem are the INI files, and every person's INI file is unique to them in a lot of ways. In Quartz, everyone's XML files are *identical*, however noone's INI files are identical.. not after the first time you login.

Hopefully Sony will reverse this bug, because it is stupid. Someone screwed up the INI loading logic and the XML->INI logic. What they should do, is if a window is unlocked, they could pop a temporary border up for resizing, then on re-lock, if the XML has no-border/no-resize set, the window loses its border and resize function. This would allow everyone to fix their broken UIs without tweaking INIs or XML files. Or if people don't like using the Lock/Unlock for that, add another right click menu option called 'Temp Adjust' or something like that, that temporarily allows anyone to move/resize any window with the click of a mouse.

Once all the INIs are fixed thru the normal game methods, this problem is Casper.
seaxouri is offline   Reply With Quote