View Single Post
Old 06-10-2003, 02:52 AM   #32
Alaros
A Treant

Post Beta report

Ok first the bad news to get that out of the way.

1. Moveability of the elements. Way to difficult as is, but you know that already. I think I gave myself carpal tunnel trying to land the cursor on that 1 pixel that would activate 'move'.

2. The selector bar was doing weird things. I know you know about the hot button errors, which gives you that nice huge tooltip letting you know you have to reset them. This is seemingly related to that.

After I got that error tooltip a few times, the selector endcaps became unmoveable. You know the parts with the buttons for group, actions, inventory etc.

Even stranger, this carried over to the next character I enabled the UI for. Toon 1 got UI all positioned like the screenshot. Toon 2 I couldn't move the endcaps for the selector bar no matter how hard I tried. Weird eh?

3. Names in the group window are really very small at 1280x1024 (my normal play res) it's not such a huge deal but would save a lot of squinting for those of us who play at high res, I'm too young for crows feet!

Ok, now for the good news:

when I got it all lined up on toon 1, it blew my mind. It's so open and clean and ... invisible! It's as though there's no ui on the screen at all. I think I stared at my screen for a good 5 minutes just amazed at how much of the game world I could actually see now.

So my verdict is, when the bugs and user friendliness is ironed out, this UI is going to be truly stunning. I'll be switching all my toons over to it as soon as the windows become easily moveable. Very very good job you two.

/applaud