View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #48
axeion
A Predatory Creeper

Server: bristlebane
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillingworth
This could be due to SIDL.xml. SIDL.xml is where all the default values for xml elements are stored (i'm actually checking against it to see what all should be ignored when saving). The default SIDL font default is set to 3, you can delete any font tag in any ui xml and it will go to size 3 font due to that default, you can change the default in SIDL and it'll change a lot of text sizes in eq where font size isn't specified.

1st off im not a code slinger,more shade tree coder, just like a shade tree mechanic ill change things till i geter right.Im far more at home building 1/4 mile dragsters like ya mentioned than xml codeing.well least when i was healthy enuff to build them that is.

That said some things here make me wonder.Since the default text in eq ui is 3 could one mod the SIDL.xml an have it show say a difrent color than white as default?

Do we have any clue what SOE uses program wise to make ui changes look at things etc?Just curious if theirs something they use .If we knew that then it might be a bit easyer to make a wysiwyg editor.Heard eq2 has a mod program how far off would it be to eq1s xml?

Looking at other ui xml mods was how i learend what could work,same idea here would be looking at how this worked for them in their editor.But something tells me they dont actualy have one.

"A man has honor if he holds himself to an ideal of conduct though it is inconvenient, unprofitable, or dangerous to do so. "
Walter Lippmann
axeion is offline   Reply With Quote