View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Decided to just come back to text editor side later an focus on graphic side of things, so been working on drawing code for everything. I'd really like a time machine to travel back and punch younger me in the face for not being meticulous with backups.

If anyone has a copy of the old demo I put together that loaded the default UI's inventory screen I would appreciate it if you could upload it somewhere (hint: mediafire and dropbox are free and easy to use). I have tools I can use to reverse the code back out of it, of course it'd be a tad outdated but not by much.

A couple things ya'll can work on for me if ya feel like it:

Icons for each UI element. Design em yourself or locate some online that have free licenses for non-commercial or open-source software. Same size as the icons next to websites in modern browsers would be awesome.

Data file with all of the EqType and ScreenID listed in a format that can be parsed easily. Be sure to include names and what type of UI elements it can be used in. XML and YAML are my idea choices, but text is fine as long as you use a visible delimiter (commas, colons, semi-colons, pipes, etc).

Play with various conflicting layout parameters on elements to figure out what priority they have. For example if MaxHSize or MaxVSize is set does it limit Size or ignore Max sizes. I had a lot of these figured out at one point but can't find the note book I had them written down in.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote