View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 05:51 PM   #12
Chiasma
A Gray Wolf

Default Old School UI comments and request

Great work, Tal. This UI is close to what I need, I think. I wondered though if you had ever been asked to do the following (or even can):

a) Move (or make the window moveable) the spell icon window to the right side (below the buff icons perhaps)
b) Make the spell icons replaceable with the ones with labels (either with icon and label as most mods are, or, just the labels - found one like that though each spell icon is huge)

Because I am right handed and I cast spells using my mouse, it is better ergnomically for me to have the spells nearer the bottom right corner. Buffs can be on the left side, or even along the top. That was really my only major argument with the old hardcoded window UI, and really the only thing I need changed to be able to actually play again. I have experimented with many UIs and mods now - and none is doing it for me. At the present time, due to not having a UI that is workable for me, my 'playing time' is limited to about half an hour every few days when I go online to say hi to my guild and try out another two or three UIs. I tried once to play and I killed my whole group due to not being able to find anything or click on it fast enough.

I like to play in 800 x 600, but, I might be able to play in higher res if I have a clean, bordered window UI like this one.

Thanks very much for all your hard work.
Chiasma
Chiasma is offline   Reply With Quote