View Single Post
Old 07-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #14
Sylphan
A Predatory Creeper

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Part of the change to allow removal of augments is changes to the Augmentation Sealer, and hence to EQUI_Container. I fiddled with this a bit on test, here's what I've learned.

The existing container pieces haven't been changed at all, just six new pieces have been added, which are only shown in the Augmentation Sealer. The positioning of the new pieces has no effect on the stretching of the window. This is good because existing mods won't need any adjustment at all, but bad because it's easy to position the new pieces off-screen if you're not careful.

Normally the width and height of a container are determined by the size and placement of the screen pieces. That's why a single file works for both 2-slot and 10-slot containers -- it's automatically stretched to fit the visible pieces. But the Augmentation Sealer is sized a little different... it seems to be the width and height of a normal 2-slot container but with about 228 added to the width. Why 228? I don't know... I guess it just suits the default UI.

The six new pieces are: Augment_Label, AugmentInfoLabel, AugmentList, InsertButton, RemoveButton, DeleteButton. Note that these fields don't have the Container_ prefix... someone got sloppy with naming convention. The three buttons are all at the same size and location. Interestingly, the Augmentation Sealer no longer displays the Combine button, so you might be able to put those buttons in the same location. Augment_Label is silly, you can safely set it to size 0 by 0, but the other two augment fields are important and should be left full-size.
Sylphan is offline   Reply With Quote