View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:52 PM   #15
Fremder
A Ghoul

Server: Tarew - Marr
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default quick question about the size.

Thanks hal and others who kept prodding me. I finally decided why not take another look through the other animations file and then the equi_Animations file. I was missing a simple line of code at the top but I found it in the old animations file which is why I couldn't figure it out before. looking at the default animations there was no defining buff texture at the top. You have to define in the animations file the texture you want to use at the top as well as down near buff icon code.

This is the code I pasted into the new animations file.

Code:
<!-- Custom Files --> <TextureInfo item="buff.bmp"> <Size> <CX>256</CX> <CY>64</CY> </Size> </TextureInfo> <!-- End Custom Files -->

Everything appears to be working now, At least the blue buffs are showing up, I'm probably going to see some yellow/red debuff textures showing up soon enough. Thanks for dealing with me, I am pretty thick sometimes. After I make sure it's working 100% I'll update the main file for everyone to download.

You said if I make the TGA window pieces 6 bigger to incorporate my image also, it needs to double? say it's 600 x 600 I have to make it 1200 x 1200 or just 1200 x 600? I just wanted to make it longer because the texture I was using is quite large and didn't fit inside the default window pieces tga without overlapping other junk. I also don't know where to put the UI2DAnimations code inside the buff window if that's what you're recommending. I tried pasting it above everything, that didn't let me load the ui, then I pasted it into the area just before where all the buff button code starts but under the;
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="us-ascii"?>
<XML ID="EQInterfaceDefinitionLanguage">
<Schema xmlns="EverQuestData" xmlns:dt="EverQuestDataTypes"/>

and still not having any luck, maybe it's because i was trying to use a custom animations file and past that into the buff window itself. Either way, i am still getting a blank texture but I haven't tried what you recommended yet. I have however been trying to use my own texture and only editing the animations file which has still got me loading a blank texture. I'll play around with it again soon and if I still have bad luck I'll come beg for help again lol.

If you want to d/l the stuff and play with it the files are all up on my first post.
Fremder is offline   Reply With Quote