View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
Kudane
Co-Founder

Server: Xegony
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces
Default Guild Summit June 2004

Will add to this post as I can, below is the link to the pictures.

Photo Gallery

Here is the letter generously typed up by the Chenier at the Druid Grove. I was not at dinner so I missed the hand out. here is what she wrote.

I would expect a bigger list tomorrow or tues from SOE.

Quote:
June 5, 2004

Dear Guild and Community Representatives,

Thank you very much for a great Summit! By all accounts it was a huge success. I can speak for the EverQuest Development Team and tell you that we're grateful for the input you provided. In fact, in trying to generate this list to give to you this evening, we realized there was so much to go over that wouldn't be able to get a complete list together in time. We're committed to not only listening to your feedback, but working with you to make EverQuest more enjoyable for years to come.

So, we decided to list the Top Ten themes we would address starting Mondy, as well as the most common themes that we'll come back with more informationo n by mid-week next week.

A quick discussion resulted in a list of items that we will immediately address:

- Add scripting to shut off empty instances of Plane of Time
[Chen note: Everyone was pretty unanimous about looking for ways to improve this. The example situation of guild A kills phases 1-4, spawning the little dudes, armies, whatever you wanna call them, and then zoning out. Guild B can not now zone into Time for their instance for 4 hours. This sort of thing is what they are committing to working on immediately).

- Raid messages of the day
- Improving how we handle beta and the testing process
- Increase the number of debuffs allowed on the MOBs
[Chen note: The dev team got told many times that 30 slots on the MOBs is not enough. Although they didn't say how many they're going to increase it to, a larger amount should help.]

- Increase buffs on players through AAs
[Chen note: When I spoke to the spell and AA developer, Ryan, it sounded like this was already planned and that the Guild Summit just confirmed the need for it. Again, no firm number on the increase nor AAs required to buy them, but WOOHOO!]

- Note field on raid window

- Improved consent & drag for raid, group and guild
- Improve corpse drag radius
[Chen note: The functionality discussed sounded like a command you would turn on that would automatically consent all the rogues in your raid, group or guild - something like that - until you turned it off. The rogues in attendance were maniacially happy. Let's hope it goes live soon!]

- Make charms not no-drop
- Guild and individual rewards for guild beta testing
- Work on large To Do list....I know this one is a little random

Future items we will immediately begin looking at and discussions are as follows:

- Plane of Time instancing and other issues
- Back flaggings solutions to help with High-end guild atrophy
[Chen note: Lots of time was spent talking about the frustrations many/all guilds had when GoD came out; guilds were tuned for 72 man raids to then have to downsize to 54. SOE dev staffers admit now that it was a mistake to set the number and then change it, but consensus from the attendees in my group, at least, was that the number should stay the same or increase to just 60. SOE recognized that back flagging was a major pain in the ass and committed to figuring out some ways to make it easier. I hope we see something soon.]

- Improved raid and guild functionality
- Auto loot all for your corpse
- Improvements to Raid XP
[Chen note: I hadn't even thought about this before going, several folks mentioned how much raid xp sucked and that they'd like to see it improved. I think this would be great for all raiders, from the super hard core to those time-restricted players. While SOE said that they wanted group experience to still be the best, hopefully we'll see an improvement soon for regular raid xp.]

- Review the Epic 2.0 quests
- No more alien NPCs ;-) (focusing more on familiar Norrathians themes)
[Chen note: It was pretty funny actually during the introductions yesterday morning, Smed was introducing some of the game artists and mentioning how hard they work. One of the EQ directors heckled him from the back of the group about pirates - turns out Smed hated the pirate idea and said so, to which all of the attendees started clapping and saying "aaarrr!" in support of the pirates. =D]

- Solo LDoN-stype instances or similiar content
[Chen note: While I can understand how this might sound a little lame, the ideas floating around about it seemed pretty cool. Think "missions" that a solo player, even a warrior, could do - kill some stuff, collect something, deliver some stuff. Some ideas included installing NPC "helpers" in the dungeon that, for example, would heal the solo warrior, etc. This idea will hopefully give the players with just some limited time something fun to do while progressing their character some - without wasting tons of time sitting LFG.]

- Issues with item augmenetations
[Chen note: Hopefully we can see the ability to recycle augs soon. Discussions alluded to perhaps buying an expensive solvent, which would loosen the augment from your armor without damaging it. Yes plz thx!]

- Possible enhancements to Guild Wars

Of course these aren't all of the items. You brought us a CD, 2 books, 20 printed sheets and a manifesto. We'll need to go through all of those and our notes before we can really get a good tally of all of the wonderful ideas and questions that were presented.

Thank you again for your feedback and participation. We've had a great weekend and a wonderful display of things to come.

Sincerely,

Robert Pfister
Executive Producer
EverQuest

And the EverQuest Development Team!

.: Have a question? Read this :.
[ F.A.Q ]
Kudane is offline   Reply With Quote