View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
riani
A Gray Wolf

Server: Rodcet Nife - Quellious - Povar
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The particular chat window used in the Graphite UI as its author has stated in the writeup is required for the UI to work. The reason it is said to eliminate space is because it does.

The reason the author states it is required is probably because (s)he put some custom code to make elements of the rest of the UI to work in the chat window. This could have been done to avoid using the Animations.xml which is often patched and the main reason why UI's break. I don't know for sure right now, but I can take a look at it later to see if that is indeed the reason.

To use a chat window like that you need to make a completely new chat window and use the "Always chat here" command in the right click menu on the chat windows. This should fix your text showing up in the middle problem.

Most who use this type will also put spam that they don't want to see, but want to parse, such as spell and melee hits, crits, etc. in the window they chat in, and make the window small enough to only see the area where text is entered by the user to chat with the other players.

As for the others, the player window and the target rings, I'm unsure why they won't work at this second, but I can take a further look at them when I get home later today.