View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
shillingworth
A Predatory Creeper

Server: Bertoxxulous
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Working on moving it over to VS2012. After finally installing the copy of VS2012 I got from early testing I was very impressed. First time since VS2008 I don't have to fight the IDE to make it do what I want it to do. The improved support for threading helps too, especially with a project like this where I have to use no less than two threads at a time. To be fair VS2010 had half decent threading support, but debugging one thread at a time made it hard to see the big picture.

But this puts me with updating Avalon for proper .Net 4.5 support. I can use some tricks with config files to wedge it in. I don't like that option since it requires end-users to have multiple versions of .Net installed just to run the program and produces vague error messages if any of the required libraries are missing from the machine running it. Considering I rely on Avalon almost as much as .Net/Mono in most of my projects, it's in my best interest to update it.

"Computers are like Air Conditioners, they stop working properly when you open Windows."
shillingworth is offline   Reply With Quote