View Single Post
Old 10-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #3
Roochie
A Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakarum
TabText and TabTextColor, if I remember correctly, are only used when creating a DrawTemplate. If you are trying to change the text that appears on a tab, just use the Text element.

Button actions are entirely dependent upon their assigned EQType unless if a window-specific button, in which case it depends on its ScreenID.

If you check out my version of Thangor's Inventory, I actually created a DrawTemplate to remove the borders and text, and different DrawTemplates for each tab to use icons.

interesting, could you give just a simply 3 or so lines of code to show the draw template with no border?

Also, im having a super hard time understanding how to set the location of the main chat window.

when i say <Location>
<x>0</x>
<y>0</y>
</Location>

the chat appears on the top-left of the screen as one would expect. however when i say
<x>1</x>
<y>0</y>

the chat appears pushed into the top-right corner of the window. any x-coordinate above 1 does the same thing as 1. what the heck are units in for the main window? im so confused. i need to position it in the center of the screen and at the bottom.

my chat window is 640 x 256, and my resolution is 1024 x 768, so what i thought would be the right location was:
<x>192</x>
<y>512</y>

but again, the only differences i see is when i switch from 0 to 1 in the x or y coordinate. can anyone please explain to me how to position it correctly?

also forgot to mention, there are some values that make the game crash.
<x>2</x>
<y>280</y>
Roochie is offline   Reply With Quote