View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #37
myxiplx
A Weathered Clockwork

Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Heya,

Just a quick post to pass on what I know so far:

- The bulk of the problem is that some windows now take their size / location from your .ini file instead of the .xml file.
- For resizable items like the buff windows I believe this can be fixed by loading default, resizing the items, and the re-loading the old UI.
- For non resizable items (like the mini map), copying and pasting the sizes from your .xml files into the UI_character_server.ini file should be enough to fix things like the map.

SoE's official list of the problems found and their workarounds can be found here:
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/p...topic_id=118687

If you're running 1600x1200 I'd advise you to do as little as possible while we wait for SoE to fix this. It sounds like they really are working hard to get these bugs fixed, and once they are it should be really easy for you to get the UI working at that resolution.

Once they fix this I'm actually hoping I'll be able to release an .ini file and some instructions that will let people use this UI at any resolution from 1280x960 upwards.

In the meantime, tonight I'll be having a go at this myself. So I should have definate answers for the map size and buff window problems, and updated versions of hotkey 2 and the spell bar so they're not pushed out of place.
myxiplx is offline   Reply With Quote